PDA

View Full Version : Hello... long intro follows

ailsajayne26
23-03-07, 15:34
:) Hi I am kinda new in that I was posting for a little while back in august/septmeber then I moved and hoped evcerything would be ok... but its not as good as i thought it would be so I'm back!!

I have been suffereing from anxiety which is causing physical symptoms on and off for near;y two yrs. I have had two long periods of being ok in that time. However this particular period started a year ago and is improving slowly!! I thought I had astham but following a diagnosis of anxiety all kinds of lovely symptoms popped up!! I had a brief respite in august, when I finally cried and realised I wasn't happy... which I think would have continued if I hadn't been caught in a tornado at work (Lincolnshire, England... who'd a thought!!) which caused me massive problems followed by a return of my usual symptoms. Now I'm anxious because I'm scared I will always be like this!! I am having CBT which is starting to help! I also since the tornado moved back to my hometown, changed my job and have met a wonderful bloke who just accepts me!! At the minute my major problem is that I thought I'd get better when I moved home... but I guess that part of the reason I worry so much about always being anxious! I also have PTSD follwong said Tornado... as well as a (declining) fear of wind, rain, thunder and lightning, weather being too hot and muggy and wierd looking clouds!! As I said declining because I'm not really as scared as I was... however its not thunder and lighting season yet so we'll see how that one goes!!

I also have a tendency to go on abit about all this... hence the length of my message.

I wanted to say tho that I have already been on and posted replies to some threads but I am finding this so helpful and supportive, its good to know when I'm feeling really bad that other people are having the same symptoms so it can't be anything serious! And that there are other people in the same situation as me!!

Thank you all for reading this :D

yorkylover
23-03-07, 16:31
Hi and :welcome: again.Sorry to hear your not so good.we are all here for you.Lots of advise and support.:hugs:

Zanxiety
23-03-07, 17:44
Hello ailsajayne26 and welcome to the forum. I'm sad to hear that you been having some big problems with your anxiety and about the tornado incident. I have to say, strange and stormy clouds scares me alot too, so it must be comforting to know you're not the only one.

But with the support of this forum we are all hear to help each other and you've have made the right choice to come on here. With all the helpful information and other story's people are having, and also with the magic of this forum anxiety can be eliminated.:biggrin:

manmoor
23-03-07, 22:16
Hi Ailsa,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Sueblue
24-03-07, 15:53
Hi Ailsa
Welcome back - I'm Sue and back too...... the story of my life I guess, maybe I will be normal one day although looking back I can't remember when that was. Oooooh dark clouds and winds, didn't realise that was part of the anxiety. The other morning I took my dog for a walk before work, a daily chore because he's left on his own through the day so I get up and go about 7.00 am. I follow the same route, half way round and suddenly it became dark, awful black sky and then the wind started to howl and I just wanted to get home quick but don't know why. So I started to dash and then I couldn't breath, I was within sight of my house but bent double at the end of the road gasping for breath, my lungs wouldn't take more air. My legs had gone to jelly - can't imagine if anyone was watching from their windows and wondering what the devil I was doing. It's made me think now that I can't breathe in the wind - how silly is that SO I've been walking my dog IN THE CAR, how stupid is that. Driving down to the stretch where I know he likes and parking and just let him have a quick run. I was so full of hope for this year and now cancelling things which I had been confident I was going to be able to do. Sorry for going on - I didn't mean to, but my mind thoughts ran off with me. best wishes to everyone on here. Sue

Pink Princess
24-03-07, 19:21
hey welcome to the site, you will settle down in no time xxxxx

nomorepanic
25-03-07, 14:21
Hi Ailsa

Welcome back and lovely to see you again.

Hope things start to improve for you soon.