PDA

View Full Version : chest pains tense upper body

baileyboy
21-08-16, 20:00
Ok I'm looking for help to relive upper body pain .. my whole upper body is tense constantly and causing pain..
I get back pain to does anyone else get this with anxiety?
And any tips to relive it

swgrl09
22-08-16, 00:19
I struggle with back pain, neck pain, and sometimes it spreads to my chest. I find ice helps quickly (20 mins, 40 mins off) but as a long term solution, yoga has been extremely valuable to me.

maya77
22-08-16, 12:15
Hi. Muscle relaxation helps. Find a quiet space and use your conscious intent to relax the muscles of your upper body and slow your breathing down. What I find also helps is to stand up and then bend forward like your going to touch your toes and then start lifting yourself up to the standing position very very slowly. Do it really slowly so you feel the pull of gravity on the muscles in your upper body. They will become relaxed due to gravity...Do it a few times. It is really good for tension in the upper back.

GadGirl
22-08-16, 13:06
I have very bad upper back pain aswell that affects my neck and left shoulder it also goes to the front of my chest, so sometimes I worry and panic about heart attack but I know it's just a vey tense and knotted back causing these symptoms

Buster70
22-08-16, 19:48
Hi , I don't have the answer but I'm going through this again now , I sit , drive , infact do most things tensed up which hurts my upper back , shoulders and chest , I also think the worst , a warm shower helps for bit but I'm soon tensed up again it wares me out , take care .

KatiePink
22-08-16, 20:15
Posture has a lot to do with it try noting how you sit through the day, I use heat on my neck before I do any physio stretches because my muscles are far too tight. Anxiety makes us tense up even if we think we're relaxed

baileyboy
22-08-16, 21:11
Thankyou... Will try out these methods xx