PDA

View Full Version : Arm is numb.

NotCool
21-08-16, 22:35
Hello.

Don't ask why, but today I spent around 1 hour in a uncomfortable position: laying on a bed, my right ear pushed to the wall, and my neck and arm in a unnatural weird position.

After I stopped, I noticed my right arms functionality is all messed up: problems with movement, partial numbness and inability to completely control movement, pins and needles on certain parts (from thumb up to end of biceps), and inability to completely flex my biceps.

It's been now 1 hours since I stopped, and it's still the same. I think I messed up my arm/neck/back nerves, and that something is horribly wrong now.

If it's not better until tomorrow, I'll go to the doctor. In the meanwhile, any thoughts, opinions, similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.

Fishmanpa
21-08-16, 23:13
Don't ask why, but today I spent around 1 hour in a uncomfortable position: laying on a bed, my right ear pushed to the wall, and my neck and arm in a unnatural weird position.

Sorry but I have to know why? :)

Positive thoughts

KatiePink
21-08-16, 23:15
Sorry but I have to know why? :)

Positive thoughts

I don't think I want to :winks:

Leafers
21-08-16, 23:30
Had the same pins and needles thing in both my legs. It was a popped nerve, one time just sleeping in an uncomfortable position messed a nerve up. If you seriously messed it up, you'd be showing other symptoms, or feel pain. You can actually test your circulation in that arm by pinching your fingertip, it'll go a lot whiter and it should go back to its color in 3 seconds. Even if this doesn't work, don't be alarmed. Laying in the position probably messed with nerves or circulation, but you should go to a doctor if this persists for a long period of time. You'll be alright, mate.

NotCool
26-08-16, 01:02
Thanks for all the answers. Situation is better now, but there must have been some minor damage, because in the mornings I still feel some pins/needles sensations on parts of my affected arm, also some weakness. Functionality returned, but I'm thinking a pinched nerve or something like that.

As for reason why I was in that uncomfortable position, I really don't wanna get into it. :)

Fishmanpa
26-08-16, 02:55
As for reason why I was in that uncomfortable position, I really don't wanna get into it. :)

Dang! Now I'm even more curious! ~lol~

Positive thoughts

smiles
26-08-16, 09:26
Me too!!!!

NotCool
06-09-16, 02:05
It's been two weeks, but I still feel like I lost some sensitivity on some parts of my affected arm. Like lost/gained sensitivity, it feels really weird, it's like more sensitive on certain parts, and less on others.

What could this be?

Fishmanpa
06-09-16, 12:49
Pinched nerve? Still want to know why you were doing that! :blink:

Positive thoughts

damianjmcgrath
06-09-16, 19:44
Come on, he might have been tied up during some kinky game. Leave him alone :blush:

Fishmanpa
06-09-16, 21:58
Come on, he might have been tied up during some kinky game. Leave him alone :blush:

Hey.. he mentioned it! He could have been more "general" in his OP... what do you expect? ~lol~? And see? a "kinky" game? You're dying to know too I bet! Am I right? ;)

Positive thoughts

flipp
07-09-16, 11:08
I wanna know too.:roflmao:.

NancyW
07-09-16, 13:12
Ear to the wall?

Sounds like someone listening in on what's giong on in the next room.

Eves dropping or creeping isn't something I'd want to brag about either.