PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

dale12345
21-08-16, 23:06
This morning anxiety is just killing me. Wake up so nervous and worry like crazy. Than my stomach hurts, feel sick to my stomach and than i get more nervous. Not a fun way to start the day. whining again sorry.

BikerMatt
21-08-16, 23:15
I understand how you feel I'm exactly the same.

skymaid
21-08-16, 23:16
mornings suck for me too. starving but feel like I cant eat. waves of anxiety and heart pounds. I think the sooner I can force myself to eat a little and move about a bit the sooner it goes

dale12345
21-08-16, 23:44
Waking up that way just makes it hard to stay positive. Not trying to be a whiner, just man. Always have had anxiety but he physical symptoms have changed. I just pray my daughter doesn't get this. :weep:

BikerMatt
21-08-16, 23:52
. I just pray my daughter doesn't get this. :weep:[/QUOTE]

I was only thinking recently I hope my little one doesn't get this also.

dale12345
21-08-16, 23:54
How old is you child?

BikerMatt
22-08-16, 00:03
How old is you child?

3 1/2 how old is yours?

dale12345
22-08-16, 00:12
9 year old girl.

Mermaid16
22-08-16, 00:35
:bighug1:Hope your day starts to improve. Just remember that it is the anxiety that is causing your tummy ache. Anxiety sucks! While you are caught up in the moment of it, it is so hard to think rationally.:bighug:.

dale12345
22-08-16, 00:39

jadedreams
22-08-16, 16:20
Hi Dale, I get this too - morning anxiety & some depression too. Then a few intrusive thoughts and my stomach is doing flip flops. It calms down as the day goes on, but what I wouldn't give for a positive morning and looking forward to the day!

skymaid
22-08-16, 16:36
I tried an experiment today. the second I woke up I got up and washed, put the tv on, grabbed a tea and toast. did a crossword while watching top gear or something. then went and got on with some work for a few hours till lunch.

amazingly this is the best ive felt in the morning in ages. could be a fluke. but compared to yesterday it was great.

still felt vaguely anxious but its an improvement.

dale12345
22-08-16, 18:49
I am happy for you.

skymaid
22-08-16, 19:16
give it a go. try anything to occupy your mind when you get up. cant make things worse

dale12345
22-08-16, 21:10
very true

Mermaid16
23-08-16, 00:16
I find also the longer you lay in bed the worse the anxiety is. It is better to get up and do something (easier said than done when your exhausted), but it does seem to get better once you get up.

mezzaninedoor
31-08-16, 15:19
Im finding that at the moment as well as battling anxiety and low mood Im also battling lethargy which is making it really hard to support the rest of my family and get things done.

Im sure that getting up and getting on with stuff is a bonus but its so easy to foetally curl up in bed and feel cozy for extra hours ......... even if thoughts are negative and self critical

Mojo61
31-08-16, 15:32
Ive had this every single morning since November last year. I used to be such a positive person in the morning, always looking forward to the day ahead, bright eyed and bushy tailed - you know, the sort of "morning person" everyone hates. Now within seconds of opening my eyes the awful butterflies in the stomach sensation begins and then I start feeling sick, sweating, jittery, dry heaving, racing thoughts... I dread the mornings now and wonder if this dreadful sensation will ever go away or if I'm going to be stuck like it forever. It was a lot worse before I started medication, and I have been told that morning anxiety is the last thing to disappear during recovery; when you wake up happy and not anxious you can be certain you've made it. I just hope they are right.

I've heard it's got a lot to do with Cortisol as it spikes first thing in the morning to get us up and activated, but in anxious people who are over sensitised it just makes them nervous and jittery. If only there was some way to lower the morning cortisol levels I feel perhaps it might help.

skymaid
01-09-16, 10:41
My therapist yesterday that this is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety.

If you can somehow make yourself get out of bed as soon as you wake up (assumming its a sensible time). Grab a drink of squash/water water to get your metabolism going then go do 5 mins of exercise (exercise bike, cross trainer, or just jog on the spot if you dont have those).

So hard to make yourself do it but it does work. Burns off the adrenalin/cortisol.

He went on to say that the long you "put off" starting your day the longer you're effectively sitting in a "bath of anxiety".

jadedreams
01-09-16, 22:30
My therapist has mentioned it is common too and also recommends getting up and moving. Something I really need to work on! I am very bad about laying there and if I don't have anxiety right away it comes in pretty quick. Looks like something we need to work on!

Bike Rider
03-09-16, 11:35
Beta blockers will slow your heart down and stop the adrenaline which causes the churning stomach sensation, speak to your G.P.

Hunger pangs are very similar, I find, to the anxiety feelings so I always force myself to eat something in the morning, cereal and milk or toast.

SadieJ
03-09-16, 13:45
I can relate to the stomach feeling especially in the morning, I have to force myself to eat as i don't usually until around 10am. It does help.

mezzaninedoor
05-09-16, 13:12
My therapist yesterday that this is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety.

If you can somehow make yourself get out of bed as soon as you wake up (assumming its a sensible time). Grab a drink of squash/water water to get your metabolism going then go do 5 mins of exercise (exercise bike, cross trainer, or just jog on the spot if you dont have those).

So hard to make yourself do it but it does work. Burns off the adrenalin/cortisol.

He went on to say that the long you "put off" starting your day the longer you're effectively sitting in a "bath of anxiety".

I can see this makes sense.
However sometimes of a morning there feels great comfort in wrapping around the sheets and delaying getting up and facing the world.
Im terrible at this at the moment

dale12345
08-09-16, 21:56
I can see this makes sense.
However sometimes of a morning there feels great comfort in wrapping around the sheets and delaying getting up and facing the world.
Im terrible at this at the moment

That is me at the moment.

mezzaninedoor
09-09-16, 14:32
Its horrible.
Im getting into work but every day Im late :/