PDA

View Full Version : Help please.

ella32
22-08-16, 11:33
Just had a bad panic attack over chest symptoms . I get chest pains every day but what caused the panic was a feeling of popping sensation in heart I know that makes no sense but that's what it feels like. I woke this morning with pain under left breast area and it was going around my left back area aswell but it was the popping sensation in heart that has made me panic . Does anyone else get this weird popping feeling please it's really scaring me but I've had heart tests done in the past and they all been normal.

Gary A
22-08-16, 12:20
Your obsession with your heart is making you notice every little twinge and sensation in the area. Do remember there are far more things in your chest other than your heart.

You really need to try and stop this, are you doing any kind of therapy or any treatment for your anxiety at all?

ella32
22-08-16, 13:21
I've finished my cbt but at the moment it's not helping me because I'm trying to deal with the loss of my mam who passed suddenly two months ago and the heart anxiety has spiralled since.xx

Gary A
22-08-16, 13:28
I've finished my cbt but at the moment it's not helping me because I'm trying to deal with the loss of my mam who passed suddenly two months ago and the heart anxiety has spiralled since.xx

I'm very sorry to hear that, my deepest sympathies to you.

It may be worth speaking to your GP and advising them that CBT has had little to no effect. CBT is great but it's not for everyone, there are other methods of treatment for anxiety issues.