PDA

View Full Version : Feeling faint/head whooshes

Justanutter
22-08-16, 13:09
Hi
Haven't been on the forum for a while as have been really trying to work on my anxiety after having pretty much a full breakdown from Christmas to June. I have really bad heart HA. Have had several ECGs - all appear to be fine. Probably typically, because anxiety does this to us, I've started with new symptoms i.e. keep getting head 'whooshes' for a second or two and now also feelings of faintness in the morning especially, when I'm standing in the bathroom brushing teeth/putting makeup on. These new symptoms are freaking me out as they now seem to reiterate the heart issues I worry about as feeling faint can be a sign of a blockage or heart problem, as can the head whooshes. Went to new GP (lovely old one has left). She obviously knows from my notes I'm an anxiety sufferer. All bloods were okay as was ECG the other month so she didn't say much apart from was I getting any psychological help and told me to go back to CBT. I told her I am anxious at the moment and briefly mentioned the head zaps but can't remember if I told her I felt faint some mornings.....hence now concentrating on the faint feelings and its happening every morning so by the time I get out for work or out for the day, I'm an anxious mess. The rest of day I seem fine. My blood pressure was okay last time too but still thinking heart related? I know it can be a symptom of anxiety but it's just started lately and wondered if anyone else has any experience of it?

skymaid
23-08-16, 17:32
yep I got them before when I was really stressed out from work.

now and again my head would go weird and id almost feel like id passed out for a millisecond. one of the huge range of anxiety symptoms.

I used to walk along near the wall or rail incease I fell (never did).

after a while it went when I found a new symptom to be scared of.

hope that helped a bit

Justanutter
23-08-16, 20:42
Thanks for bothering to respond Skymaid, it was very kind of you. Makes me feel a bit better knowing that they sound familiar to someone else. :flowers:

glassgirlw
23-08-16, 22:27
I too am an HA heart focuser �� I get these all the time. Some days worse than others and some days not at all. Easier said than done, but I try to tell myself that I haven't passed out or dropped over of a heart attack yet so it's just anxiety and will pass. Its very frustrating so I understand where you're coming from! I think learning to "self talk" and coach yourself thru it is a great way to lessen the amount of episodes. At least that is what has worked for me so far!