PDA

View Full Version : Ok so.. 23 days 30mg. feel rubbish again!

pollynewsome
22-08-16, 18:38
I'm just wondering if there is any point in me taking the citolapram. I never suffered depression and never suffered anxious thought. Everything I feel is physical. I don't see how citolapram can change my physical symptoms. Went to an hypnotherapist who says anti depressants are not going to help with my physical symptoms.. he thinks if anything it will make it worse. I'm at docs Friday so going to ask.. Even though I'm not feeling the physical symptoms as often they are still there at some point of everyday..so what is the point? I may as well have the symptoms without the med.. than have the symptoms with the med! Moan moan moan. X

Mojo61
22-08-16, 18:55
What are your physical symptoms Polly? What made your doctor think it was anxiety?

pollynewsome
22-08-16, 19:40
Hello, erm physical symptoms..
1. Need to yawn or take a deep satisfying breath often
2. Tops of arms ache
3. Head tension type headaches(dont go with pain killers)
4.Neck aches
5.Tight chest
6.Jaw aches
7. Occasional jitters and internal shakes.
8.Night sweats and morning.. not hot flushes though.
9. Wee lots through the night..
10. Wake often but manage to get back to sleep.
11. Exhaustion most afternoons.
Well i diagnosed myself via google and then went to docs and said i have been suffering with anxiety for about 2 years... and it not getting any better.. The next thing i am on prozac...( dreadful and had to pack in work for 8 weeks) made me so ill. Then gave sertrlaline ago.. reached 100mg 5 months no better.. Then was put on citolapram. must admit my symptoms are def not as intense as they were but still lurking at some point of everyday..

How are you???

Mojo61
22-08-16, 20:16
So these physical symptoms don't cause you to have anxious thoughts or become depressed, they are just irritating?

pollynewsome
22-08-16, 20:55
They just cause me to think why do they come.. why do i have them.. i get fed up of feeling rubbish and yes very irritating.. i often think maybe it perimenopause but not sure.

Mojo61
22-08-16, 20:58
Ah yes, it could be. Have you had your hormone levels checked?

pollynewsome
22-08-16, 21:23
No i did ask about it but doc said it never accurate and didnt recommend. Ive had like bloods tested for diabetes and thyroid checked and all my levels and apart from a slight lack of vit d all ok... oh well!!

Hows you feeling??

Becky2785
23-08-16, 07:20
I had all those symptoms wen I started cit for about 3 weeks I still wee alot through the night and wake every night anxiety can cone with all kinds of things we all suffer differently unfortunately. Until the anxiety calms down they won't go away xx

pollynewsome
23-08-16, 17:41
Aww thanks Becky.. its always good to know what over people think. x