PDA

View Full Version : Is this to quick ?

TRISTAN
22-08-16, 19:42
Been on citalipram 40mg for a while now , doctor wants to change it to another and has told me to drop it to 20 for next week then just stop ? Anyone else done this ???

Debs21uk
22-08-16, 19:52
That's a big drop Tristan, I've only went up or down 5/10mg at a time and I really feel it but I'm quite sensitive. My dr wants me to drop 10mg at a time but I don't know if I'm happy to do that.

TRISTAN
22-08-16, 20:28
I thought that but must know what she's doing , going to be a tough few weeks I guess

R1CH
22-08-16, 20:28
Been on citalipram 40mg for a while now , doctor wants to change it to another and has told me to drop it to 20 for next week then just stop ? Anyone else done this ???

I recently 2.5 weeks ago started taking sertraline, I was on 40mg citilopram. I dropped to 20mg of cit for 1 week and then started 50mg of sertraline (so both together) I carried this on for 1 week and then stopped cit. I think firstly you need to determine what drug he is switching you too, as if its another SSRI it might be ok. If its a different drug family SNRI or Tricyclic etc. then I would say this is very quick and you could probably suffer withdrawals, however everyone is different. I would put more faith in google when it came to things like this as your GP often is clueless when it comes to psychiatric drugs.

HTH

Rich

MyNameIsTerry
23-08-16, 06:36
Here is the switching guide their trusts tell them to use:

http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepage.cfm?ID=1651179592

Your GP should be telling you upfront which you are switching too because it's your choice!

Switching to SNRI's is like switching between SSRI's since they work on Serotonin still e.g. Ven is just working as a SSRI until you reach 150mg, Duloxetine is 60mg.

If you are switching, they may want it done fast. There will be an overlap when you go SSRI-SSRI or SSRI-SNRI, which is theoretically supposed to help as it's not a full withdrawal BUT it's always too individual for any doctor to ever know. If you are concerned, you could insert a step to drop to 30mg perhaps?

TRISTAN
24-08-16, 07:48
Feel awful today and very little sleep x

---------- Post added at 07:48 ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 ----------

Guess I'm off work again for a while

Debs21uk
24-08-16, 16:25
I feel your pain Tristan, I'm trying to adjust to 30mg whilst coming off another med and I am shattered. I've never had insomnia but now I know how terrible it is.

Did you go straight down to 20mg?

TRISTAN
25-08-16, 19:53
Went from 40 straight to 20 after being on it for years , if I'm honest I don't feel great and as for the sleep well 6 hours in 3 days .

Start new one on Monday so looking forward to that not , always gets worse before it gets better right X

Debs21uk
25-08-16, 20:20
Do you know what you're changing to?

TRISTAN
27-08-16, 16:40
Duluxatine , so it's last day in these after weaning off all week , fingers crossed guys

Debs21uk
28-08-16, 19:59
How did you feel during the taper? I'm incredibly tired but I'm too scared to do a dramatic drop in doses as I'm quite sensitive.

TRISTAN
29-08-16, 19:06
Tired , grumpy , headache , going to be a rough two weeks X X

TRISTAN
04-09-16, 19:17
Spent the whole day crying for no reason