PDA

View Full Version : Something happened today which has scared me

katyfitz
22-08-16, 22:27
Hi guys,
So a year ago in June (so june 2015) I was messaging a guy on tinder but never actually went on a date with him. We did the whole thing of where you from and I told him the area and he said he lived in Brixton. Anyway I didn't date him as I didn't have time and so he took it personally. I would get abusive watsapp messages and threats saying he's seen me around and wont talk to me but will watch me, he said i'll get karma as no one rejects him without reason. Anyway last I heard from him was about 2-3 months ago.

Today when walking down the street a mixed race guy (so the guy im talking about is also mixed race) keeps staring at me as he walks past and it wasn't a nice look. I turned the corner but felt on edge so walked back and he was looking back, he muttered something to me and I said pardon he said it again but I couldn't hear anything but wanted to run away so I just replied no. With that he said 'sorry sorry' and walked off.

I wish id known what he said, I wish I knew if it was that guy or not and am now starting to think he sent someone to get me.

Im freaked out and so so scared. My friends are saying theres a million people in London its coincidental but when you suffer anxiety its easier said than done.

Im scared hes going to stab or do some sort of harm to me.

if anyone has any views or advice pls reply.

thanks

ServerError
22-08-16, 22:32
I live in the same area of London as you. It's enormous. The amount of people living in the area encompassing Oval, Kennington and Brixton is massive. The odds of him finding you, or even bothering to try, are small.

I would stay vigilant, just to be on the safe side, but vigilant doesn't mean frightened. If anything at all happens again, it may be worth telling the police, but I suspect you're dealing with a one-off coincidence here.

katyfitz
22-08-16, 22:51
I hope so, thanks

Darwin73
22-08-16, 22:58
Agree with Server. Definitely keep a record of the watsapp messages and log it with the police on 101. If you are getting abusive messages and threats, they will want to know. What happened to you today was horrible, and most probably unrelated to the messages, but I would still seek advice on the non-emergency number.

MyNameIsTerry
22-08-16, 23:09
Yeah, report it. If it's a breach of any website standards, make a complaint.

If you report it to the police, they will be paying him a visit.