PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian Cancer worries...

gdoll
23-08-16, 11:47
I think I'm going mad. Through my 3 years of HA I've never worried about cervical/ovarian cancers.
Starting last month, a few days after my period I got ovulation pain (normal for me) except it carried on at least once a day until my period came (stopped for my period and a few days after and then started again come ovulation time) still going on now and period is due in three days.
It's not got me doubling over, it feels like normal O pain, except I keep getting twinges in my back and little aches in the top of my thigh, it's only in ONE side, my left hand side. Sunday just gone me and my partner had a bit of rough sex and it really ached on my left side.. and the ovulation pain still isn't going away!
I have no other symptoms, I can't tell if I'm bloated..
I'm only 21 but I'm freaking out so bad, I can't think of any logical reason for this pain.. I thought maybe cysts, pcos, edno, or just hormones but it doesn't explain why it would be every day from ovulation until period for two months!!!

I need to book a doctors appointment, but I'm too scared too.. Any words of reassurence would help a lot, I haven't been this scared with my HA ever before. :weep::weep::weep:

KeeKee
23-08-16, 12:40
I had this worry recently. I get an ache in my right lower back a lot of the time and sometimes in my right upper thigh. I was told it was due to some joint or something. I also get sharp pains around my right ovary.

Like you, I was worried about bloat as I have no idea what it would look like and I even asked the GP if I was bloated! I was told no (after he'd felt my tummy) and he then asked if I'd been googling ovarian cancer symptoms! I hadn't recently but did years ago and can remember them.

I don't think ovarian cancer would present with this type of pain. My GP didn't seem worried in the slightest.

gdoll
23-08-16, 13:00
Thanks for the reply.
I've booked my appt for 9:20 tomorrow morning so hopefully I can just get some tests done and stop worrying.
Pain is dull and radiates from the hip bone (behind) to the side of my hip and my lower back where the right ovary is.
I've been looking online (uh oh) and it seems like it could be a follical cyst, they tend to go away after 3-4 months and it's been 1-2 so far so it makes sense.

Bloody HA ruining my life!!