PDA

View Full Version : tinnitus

lotusblossom
23-08-16, 13:11
Hi I am a newbie first time I have posted but visited this site many times well here goes. diagnosed with G A D 5 years ago had everyone of the symptoms sensations and feelings that you have all had and are still having many come and go and I have got used to some of them and no longer worry but at the moment Iam struggling with tinnitus its more of a loud hissing noise and has been driving me daft for over a week the longest time I have had it. Ears were syringed a couple of months ago so no problem there. I bought a book titled At Last A Life which helped a lot and I read a chapter when I feel this can not be anxiety its got to be something else and I start to feel better. That book is my CBT because everything in it is so relevant to what I have been through and am still going through. fingers crossed my tinnitus will fade sooner rather than later , I live in hope

venusbluejeans
23-08-16, 13:17
Hiya lotusblossom and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

whatisthis
14-09-16, 16:21
I also have GAD and developed hissing/white noise about 5 months ago randomly one morning. It drove my anxiety mad at first with the fear of it getting worse. I mostly forget about it now but sometimes I panic about it which makes it worse and then starts the cycle.

I'm super aware of protecting my hearing now, ENT said it just happens and could be anything. Waiting on MRI results and referred to a tinnitus clinic. I've seen that some people think its linked to anxiety and get be resolved. Key is just accepting and living with it while hoping your brain tunes it out.

Any tinnitus help groups trigger anxiety for me so I can't investigate.

OncewasSupergirl
14-09-16, 19:37
whatisthis
Are you taking fluoxetine by any chance?
I have had chronic tinnitus for over a year, I've mostly habituated to it.
Then I developed dizziness, tiredness, ear pressure amongst other symptoms.
I'm due to see ENT Monday and my GP has been less than supportive she seems to think it's all side effects of fluox but I've been on it for 3years! To be honest it's really made my anxiety worse my own GP basically saying its all in my head! All I want is it investigated properly which hopefully I will get.

whatisthis
16-09-16, 09:52
Supergirl, I'd rather call you that :)

I'm taking 1mg of paroxetine, been coming off it 5 years....

They basically don't know what has caused it. Age, Medication, louder music when I was younger, ear infection. Yes it makes me anxious not knowing what caused it.

I know people with it and it doesn't bother them. I guess the anxious person finds it hard and probably makes it worse than it is. Mine definitely turns up when I think about it.

Indiaav
19-11-16, 23:58
I have found that my antidepressants can cause ringing in the ears. I had this years ago on Ativan and now I have it on amitryptaline, it drives me mad if I focus on it and I try not to, but when panicky i do focus and that is when it drives me nuts. I think it can also happen with just having GAD

Colinp
23-11-16, 14:09
I have tinnitus 5 months nuts at night

whatisthis
25-11-16, 11:35
I went to a tinnitus appointment at the hospital after my ENT. They most likely put it down to anxiety/stress triggering it. I'm also hypersensitive so I've most likely increased/pulled this to the front of my mind.

butterchops1
29-11-16, 09:00
Hello all, I suffer from tinnitus - too many headphones and too many loud clubs.
When I first realised I had it, I found that going onto YouTube and listening to rainforest noises helped until i fell asleep. I tried to focus on changing my mind set about it, I actually panic more now if i can't hear it! It oddly comforts me. I think the best route is distraction, don't let it take over and just take a little more care of your ears. Please don't hesitate to pm if you need any help :)