PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the left side of my chest?!!

Trifan
23-08-16, 14:30
I've been having pains in the left side of my chest my first thought is that is some sort of heart problem. My mother has told me that its properly that my bra is too tight but I don't think so and don't know what to do.

Leafers
23-08-16, 14:42
Pains like that shouldn't concern you unless it is accompanied with other symptoms, depending on of course how bad said pain is. I wouldn't know tightness like that since this is coming from a male, but I can assure you if it was anything else it would definitely be accompanied by other symptoms, ESPECIALLY a heart issue.

KatiePink
23-08-16, 14:57
I've had chest pain loads in the past and called an ambulance a few times it was that bad. All turned out to be nothing, had a chest x ray blood tests ect. They said they thought it was probably musculoskeletal.

Although i do get some chest pain but more around my top ribs because of the underwire on my bra, it bloody hurts when i take the thing off at night so that's not a good sign x

KeeKee
23-08-16, 15:10
Due to having health anxiety I have read and been told cardiac chest pain is central.
However that doesn't mean all central chest pain is cardiac related.

Gary A
23-08-16, 15:23
I've been having pains in the left side of my chest my first thought is that is some sort of heart problem. My mother has told me that its properly that my bra is too tight but I don't think so and don't know what to do.

Chest pain is not one of those things that we as mere observers on a forum should ever dismiss off the bat. A few more details would probably allow us to get a better picture.

What age are you, firstly? Do you smoke? Are you overweight? Do you have diabetes? Are you generally fit and healthy aside from the pain?

Chest pains involving your heart do generally radiate to an arm or across the width of your chest, and yes it probably is absolutely nothing to worry about, but I would always advise at least seeing a doctor about it if it continues.

saf138
23-08-16, 15:49
I was having sharp stabbing pains in my left side of my chest for about a week which came and went throughout the days so I went to see the gp he had a look and suggested it could be just a muscle sprain or tear or even irritated nerves in the mid back. Apparently the ribs are covered in cartilage and muscle the worst part was everytime the pain came on I would have a numb sensation run up my neck and face and my left arm would have shooting pains too which could be symptoms of a heart attack that sent my anxiety rocketing. I just rode it out and it has now gone Dont let your imagination run away it. If it continues to play on your mind get it checked out for a piece of mind.

Trifan
23-08-16, 17:01
I'm a teenager, do not smoke and not over weight. Diabetes does run in the family but I haven't got it and quite healthy.

Gary A
23-08-16, 17:13
I'm a teenager, do not smoke and not over weight. Diabetes does run in the family but I haven't got it and quite healthy.

Based on that, your chances of having heart disease are non-existent. Simple as that.