PDA

View Full Version : Itchy all the time?

Hopefulmi
23-08-16, 15:05
For the past week or so I've been itchy all over a lot of the time but there is no rash. I'm trying not to think that I have any liver/kidney disorders or cancers, and I don't have allergies. Is there any other sort of reason for itching? Trying also not to go to Gp

KeeKee
23-08-16, 15:09
Could it not be a sensitivity to your washing up powder/fabric softener?

I'm a very, very itchy person. It drives me insane. It's mostly my legs, then face but can also be anywhere else.

I also have no rash.

MyNameIsTerry
23-08-16, 15:23
There are many reasons for skin itchiness, they don't have to be anything serious. My mum's been dealing with it for years as a result of medication and hers has flare ups in hot weather.

So, consider heat, skin dryness (does moisturising help e.g. E45 cream, aloe vera gel, etc), allergy (like KeeKee mentioned), etc. I bet GP's see patients for things like this everyday.

Hopefulmi
23-08-16, 18:44
Thanks guys great to have some rational explanations

sophiethestar
23-08-16, 18:52
I've been itchy too, but I think it's because the weather has been hotter. With no other symptoms, it's unlikely that it's anything serious. Also, try to stop thinking about the itching because you start to feel it more. A bit like how yawning is contagious.

crazygal
23-08-16, 20:19
Make sure you're using lotion regularly. I know when I start getting lazy with my moisturizer routine I start to itch all over. Funny story( well wasn't funny at the time). About two years ago I had this intense itchy around my nipple. I googled it and the first thing that came up was breast cancer. I freaked out and made an appointment with my gyno fro the next day. Of course it wasn't cancer she told to start using lotion as the skin around it was extremely dry.

So I'm sure the itching is nothing. Don't embarrass yourself like I did.

gdoll
24-08-16, 12:14
Pretty gross but I had this for a few weeks last year, I was driving myself crazy and cutting my skin to bleed by scratching so much, to the point where I scratched an open cut and caused a lymph node to swell! Turns out I had caught NITS from my little sister in law! I was having an allergic reaction to the little buggers! Pretty rank but LOTS of things can cause itching, try some sensitive creams, the skin is so sensitive to things like that!