PDA

View Full Version : Perio menopause, worried for wife

lofwyr
23-08-16, 17:37
Hey all,
My wife is 43, and seems to have all the symptoms of peri-menopause. The thing is, she had a period last week, after only two weeks. Then today she is starting to spot, it has not even been a week since her last period.

Should I be worried? She isn't, she is just frustrated, but being a guy, and basically know squat about it, worry about something more serious. In peri-menopause, is it unusual to have the periods so close together? A week seems r

nomorepanic
23-08-16, 17:40
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Annie0904
29-08-16, 17:52
Yes it is normal in peri menopause. I had them lasting for sometimes 3 weeks then a week without and then would start again. It is best for her to speak to her GP though to confirm it is peri menopause.

OhioMom65
12-09-16, 20:21
Spotting mid cycle like that -- usually around the time of ovulation is totally normal. I've had that for years. I also have fibroids, and had a prominent gyn in my area tell me that the fibroids and my oddly shaped uterus didn't help any! :)