PDA

View Full Version : Working with anxiety

jadedreams
23-08-16, 18:49
Hey everyone, for those of you who work I'm just wondering how do you handle the days when your anxiety is worse? I am a computer analyst and really like my job and the people there. The problem is I do a lot of problem solving and upgrades. There is normal stress about these things that everyone here experiences, but right now with anxiety everything is magnified.

I had an upgrade fail last night which would normally would stress me out. But with the anxiety it REALLY stressed me out and I didn't hardly sleep after needing to revert back to the old system. So here I am at work today, very tired, anxiety up, intrusive thoughts up (they really suck) and feeling like I can't do my job. The thing is I think most people here would say I do a good job but my anxiety has seemed to destroy my confidence in myself with work (and other things). How do I get that confidence back and not freak out when an upgrade or something else fails as these things happen?

Thanks for listening!

skymaid
23-08-16, 18:59
symptoms of a tired mind. im a fellow IT guy currently suffering from burnout.

make sure you allow an hour or so before bed doing something relaxing to "unplug". a decent sleep is vital.

once your mind has had time to rest a bit your reaction to your stressful mentally intensive job will go back to normal (as will your confidence).

dont do what I did and set yourself unrealistic expectations and never allow any downtime for your brain.

jadedreams
26-08-16, 17:36
Thanks Skymaid, appreciate the response. Been dealing with this round of anxiety for over an year and it has really sapped my confidence. Not just in work but in most things. I do have trouble sleeping (waking up a lot) too which I know doesn't help things. Right now I'm just feeling stuck about things getting better. I know they are better than the beginning as I was off work and anxiety was even higher. I'm doing normal things, but it still feels like anxiety takes too much of thoughts/time and I don't feel happy.

georgewing
27-08-16, 06:45
Use autosugestion everyday and sleep with autosugestion in thought .You what you repeat all time to your subconstient mind will become reality .If you repeat as much as you can everyday that you are very confident in you anxiety will loose a little power on you .Also its very important to sleep every night in mind by repeating to yourself that you are very confident

MyNameIsTerry
27-08-16, 07:16
Use autosugestion everyday and sleep with autosugestion in thought .You what you repeat all time to your subconstient mind will become reality .If you repeat as much as you can everyday that you are very confident in you anxiety will loose a little power on you .Also its very important to sleep every night in mind by repeating to yourself that you are very confident

Just bare in mind this guy is a spammer. Admin appear to have already removed a link from his signature when they deleted one of his posts that could have been triggering. I've reported him before for that link, it's an affiliate marketing scheme. Not sure about the current one until I've checked as it now goes elsewhere but be aware.