PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

helenhoo
23-08-16, 23:28
I think it's time I left these forums, or at least cut back my use and only log on when I feel I have no other choice. I had s good day today, I know a day is a day but considering how I've been it's an achievement. I literally took control of my mind, I was back in control. I told myself over and over that it was indeed anxiety. I had a set back on the way home re: schiz worry but my logic was fighting the fact that I am concerned because I'm currently obsessed (symptomatic is it?) I feel I owe an apology to a few members, not because I've done anything wrong as such but my posts were taking over and I didn't mean to. I do have severe anxiety. That's facts I had OCD and anxiety as a child, was treated and it's back. I'm also throwing around thank yous to members who've stood by corner for me or helped me rationalise (Server, Terry, Nicola, Phinzula) and a few others.

Bye now for and I hope I'm not back tomorrow with a new concern

smiles
24-08-16, 00:32
Good luck, I hope it goes well for you x

swgrl09
24-08-16, 00:39
This is a good attitude. Sounds like you have done well today!! One day at a time, right?

dale12345
24-08-16, 00:47
Hope it goes good.

MyNameIsTerry
24-08-16, 07:22
This is good to hear, Reb. In fact, it is vital that you accept things and shift your focus towards action otherwise you will remain trapped in your cycles.

Sometimes it's impossible when things are really bad BUT when you experience a better day, try and work towards recovery or add something positive in. When I started clawing my way back I couldn't face things on the bad days but on days where it improved slightly, I added something in so it became routine when the bad days came back and I didn't put them off as I saw them as just things I do each day.

Logging off is a very good idea, it helps many people. Eventually you want to be able to stare any symptom in the face and not need to avoid things on the internet, but that's something that you work towards throughout recovery and it's uncommon to be able to do that early on.

You said you found Primula's stuff really helpful - so that's where you can start. Keep doing these things and branch out to other things and it will pull you along.

Good luck!!! :yesyes::yahoo:

Leafers
24-08-16, 07:58
You helped me a ton with my Hodgkin's fear, I'd say its sad to see you go but it's a pretty good thing in this case. Good luck!

Primula
24-08-16, 08:08
Good to hear, sounds like your thinking is changing. Good luck.

KeeKee
24-08-16, 08:21
Congrats helenhoo. Every small step counts!

MrsDavies
24-08-16, 15:08
Good luck honey!!

ServerError
24-08-16, 17:27
Just a small piece of further advice from me - apply this attitude to other forums on the internet as well.

I hope this is the start of a new and more positive chapter in your life.

Captain irrational
24-08-16, 17:45
Always great to hear that somebody is feeling better.

Phuzella
24-08-16, 17:45
Enjoy Korea :)

helenhoo
24-08-16, 17:54
Thanks guys, I'm not better at all far from it. Still having those schizophrenia worries today but I'm fighting the fact it's just something new my anxiety has created. Mindful breathing and distractions.

MrsDavies
24-08-16, 21:51
Thanks guys, I'm not better at all far from it. Still having those schizophrenia worries today but I'm fighting the fact it's just something new my anxiety has created. Mindful breathing and distractions.

Well done Helen/Reb! Really positive stuff!

dale12345
24-08-16, 22:12
I hope all the best for you.

Minivil
24-08-16, 22:17
Good luck always!

swgrl09
25-08-16, 00:21

This is a really good step! Reminding yourself it is just a thought - and that is it! Thoughts can't hurt us and can't define us, it's what we do about them that matters.

MyNameIsTerry
25-08-16, 05:52
Just a small piece of further advice from me - apply this attitude to other forums on the internet as well.

I hope this is the start of a new and more positive chapter in your life.

I agree. That other one doesn't seem as tolerant as this one for a start so I would say bin it anyway.

If you can't fully detach, then plan it to happen through a course of steps. For instance, block the HA & Symptoms forums and concentrate on the positive ones like Success Stories, Therapy, etc but then go further with it so you get closer to coming away from the forum. Then when you are ready, you can work on coming back if you feel you want to - but not because of anxiety, because you are challenging your anxiety.

helenhoo
25-08-16, 08:05
Thanks Terry. I have been reading success stories and have been reading my CBT book. Some great examples in there.