PDA

View Full Version : toilet troubles

Phuzella
24-08-16, 07:33
I'm looking for nice natural remedies for constipation please folks. Had the travellers trots 2 weeks ago and can't get back to my natural routine :wacko:

MyNameIsTerry
24-08-16, 07:44
When my dad had an operation it left him constipated for weeks. The nurse doing his follow up said this was very common and advised purely the natural route - small citrus fruits like clementine's, pears, etc. It sorted him out pretty quickly.

Nuts have plenty of fibre in them too but I'm less sure about those as he didn't try them.

hanshan
24-08-16, 08:00
Your gut bacteria may have been disrupted - you could try a natural probiotic like natural yoghurt (with live bacteria) or the Japanese Yakult version. Sauerkraut is also probiotic, as is Korean kimchee.

MyNameIsTerry
24-08-16, 08:06
Good point, hanshan.

Actimel, Yakult (Yakult has a slightly lower concentration of bacteria - 6billion I think, Actimel is I think 10 billion - you can check them out online), many forms of yoghurt (all yoghurt is probiotic by nature but some have added strains and marketed as probiotic yoghurt), kefir (one of the best but only good if brewed at home as the commercials are a rip off and very poor standard compared to home made), Sauerkraut is very easy to make, etc.

When my mum went into hospital with pneumonia she was put on all sorts of strong antibiotics and she was pretty much living in the toilet for days. It messed her big time. So, we just bought some basic yoghurts that she likes and in a matter of days she was back to normal.

I eat yoghurt daily, and have an Actimel, my digestion has been much better for it for years.

Phuzella
24-08-16, 08:11
Thanks everyone. I've not been very active lately so I guess that's not helping

Shazamataz
24-08-16, 08:57
I find eating kiwifruit does the best job to get things moving. I assume you have them there?

KeeKee
24-08-16, 09:37
How about brown seeded bread? (assuming you like it). It has around 3g Fibre in each slice. Also brown pasta, tinned beans etc. I tried to increase my fibre a little while ago as the doctor told me i was slightly constipated and definitely noticed a difference.

Phuzella
24-08-16, 12:05
Yeah we do have kiwi fruit, I'll try them :).
I've actually been off gluten for 2 years KeeKee . But I'll give the beans a go. Also yogurt.
Thanks all :)

KatiePink
24-08-16, 12:10
The only thing that has worked for me is drinking more water and more activity even just walking more. Hope it resolves itself for you :)

Phuzella
24-08-16, 12:20
I must admit to being a bit lazy the past couple of weeks. I usually walk 1 or 2 miles a day but I've let it slip. As for water, I try to have 2 litres a day which I usually manage. So I think a walk is in order later when it cools down a bit :)

MyNameIsTerry
25-08-16, 06:01
But I'll give the beans a go.

Beans?!!! :ohmy: Remember Blazing Saddles...

http://www.readjunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/articles_fartsinmovies.jpg
http://www.crockpotguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cowboy-beans.jpg

...:roflmao:

Phuzella
25-08-16, 09:07
Lol I'm much too ladylike Terry :roflmao: