PDA

View Full Version : Locum doctor..

gdoll
24-08-16, 12:17
I saw a locum doctor today regarding my ovarian cancer worries (ovulation pain every day for two months, some shoulder tip pain and a little pain during sex) he prodded my lower stomach, made me lift my knees up and down then told me it was a pulled muscle.. even though I said i've done no strenous acitivty and it feels nothing like a muscle or skeletal problem. I even asked if it could be PCOS and he told me "No because you don't have pain in your ovaries!!!"

Finding it really tough to trust that one! I know how ovulation feels and it feels like that, constantly, in the same area..
He told me to come back in two weeks with a pee sample (WTF?) if I'm not happy.. Going to have to book back in again because I really really don't trust what he said!

smiles
24-08-16, 15:06
You are doing some strenuous activity if you are having sex!!
I get ovulation pain all the time and sometimes during sex, I recently had a scan and apparently I'm the proud owner of a fibroid!!! Really common and harmless apart from pain at times and impact on periods at times, have you had a smear recently?? If you Dr won't do one they are relatively cheep to get done privately.
Good luck x

Darwin73
24-08-16, 17:51
Unfortunately, when it comes to women's issues, particularly things like endo, a lot of doctors are all too keen to fob off without doing any proper investigations. I find it quite patronising for the GP to say "you don't have pain in your ovaries", because clearly, being a man, he has no idea what pain in your ovaries feels like, and also, being a woman who has experience of ovarian pain, you do know what such pain entails. I would see a different GP next time and make sure they take you seriously. Not that I think you have anything scary, but it wouldn't have hurt to sent you off for a simple scan, particularly given you've had the pain for two months.