PDA

View Full Version : Why do I keep sleep talking about my obsessions?

sadtimes
24-08-16, 14:07
For many years I've had a couple different obsessions which have freaked me out so much but last year I got this one that was disgusting and so sick. I had such a fear of people finding out about it like it was one of my biggest fears.

Recently though I've managed to tell 5 people close to me about the obsession while I've been sleep talking. I'm not even sure what I say but I know I don't tell them it's ocd, and they think I actually want to do what I'm talking about in my sleep.

why is my brain doing this to me? I rarely sleep talk alone, I've used sleep talking recorders to see what I say when I sleep alone and I don't talk.

half the time I don't even find out I said anything until they tell me a while later.

whats happening?

skymaid
24-08-16, 16:06
no one can blame you for what you dream. ive had some very disgusting/disturbing dreams in my time. hooefully I didnt sleep talk during thrm but if I did.. its not my fault. im asleep!

Fishmanpa
24-08-16, 16:59
Some people talk in their sleep... it is what it is. I have, I've heard my wife do it about spiders (she has a bad spider phobia). It's nothing but your subconscious speaking up.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
24-08-16, 23:11
You need to read the thread history on this one. The OP has previously feared exposing details of bet intrusive thoughts in her sleep or when under the influence of drink/drugs.

Intrusive thoughts can very graphic and disturbing. To people not educated in them, they may believe they are something else e.g. can you imagine a committed, loving family man describing thoughts of sexuality molesting their children? How many of the non anxious out there would call that paedophilia because they don't understand it is a medically accepted theme in OCD?