PDA

View Full Version : Google got me again

Leafers
24-08-16, 14:11
Theres a lump on the floor of my mouth, it's soft and moveable, can't tell if it's grown or shrink it's so hard to tell. I didn't even look up symptoms, I just looked up "Soft squishy lump on floor of mouth" expecting something else, but instead I get greeted with "Hodgkin's Lymphoma" "Oral Cancer" and all that crap, sadly it lit a fuse and I was doing so good with improving on my anxiety until this point. Doctor only felt one gland, when I got a physical my mouth and ears were checked, sadly not the floor of it since I forgot completely to tell her about it. I've felt really lightheaded recently, even when I'm not anxious. The doctors say I'm fine and things feel fine, but I'm still completely on edge about all this. I'll admit, I don't brush my teeth because of sensory issues with the brush. I'd appreciate not being badgered and being called gross, I don't even feel anxious about this anymore. I think I've worn myself out to the point where if I were to die of a disease I don't even know I have or not, I wouldn't care. But hell if one part of my brain isn't always saying "You aren't gonna wake up tomorrow" I've had this lump for a while, can't exactly say how long since I've only recently noticed it. Every node I've felt is soft and squishy, movable yet painless. I don't know what it is, but googles diagnosing me with oral cancer and lymphoma. I can't afford another appointment with my doctor, but this lump specifically on the floor of my mouth has been so irritating it's not funny. Sometimes it feels smaller, and maybe even looks smaller, Sometimes it feels bigger, but it never feels hard. It's always squishy and pink. I don't know, cbc turned out good, physical went well. The lump blends into my mouth and goes flat when I close my mouth. What could cause this lump? Is it just something time will fix?

lscmichelle
24-08-16, 14:24
Please dont google!!!! (easier said than donr being an extreme HA myself) How large is the lump? In my opinion if its been there for quite a long while it would have grown if its cancerous!! so try not to overthink and perhaps visit the GP again?? xx

Leafers
24-08-16, 14:30
Can't really afford another visit, I didn't mean to come across any cancer, or any illness for that matter I figured it would just be something I could fix on my own, so I googled it thinking something as simple as Listerine could make it go down. It's hard to tell how big it is, when I lift my tongue up it pops up, pink and above the center of the floor of my mouth but when I move the tongue back down, it contracts back inside as if theres not even a lump there.

lscmichelle
24-08-16, 14:35
Are you aware of how long has it been there for?

Leafers
24-08-16, 14:54
A good couple of weeks

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Also a bit of an update, sometimes I have issues swallowing saliva.

Phuzella
24-08-16, 14:59
Is it ever sore?

Leafers
24-08-16, 15:03
It's not painful or sore.

Phuzella
24-08-16, 15:06
The fact it goes up and down with your tongue, maybe it's just a normal part of your mouth.

Leafers
24-08-16, 15:11
Could be, I've obviously had it for a while without even noticing it.

smiles
24-08-16, 15:13
A weird misunderstanding with cancer is that lumps are the first symptom, usually they are not, I suspect this lump you have is changing size because you keep playing with it!!! Every one has lumps and bumps in their mouth, it's normal, I suspect you have a blockers saliva duct, again normal and will clear itself.
Please for the sake of your sanity.... Keep away from Google!!!!!!
Xxx

Leafers
24-08-16, 15:16
Actually I tried cutting it open when I was doing a 42 hour binge session on a game, my utter deleriousness made it a fight or flight response and I picked fight so poking isn't really the culprittttttt, made sure to prevent infections though thanks to people on a different post.

Fishmanpa
24-08-16, 15:25
I was doing a 42 hour binge session on a game

I'm just curious... 42 hours without sleep playing a video game? I also read you're 15, smoked both tobacco and pot like a fiend for several years? Do your parents step in at all? I ask because as a parent, I'd be all over your case :lac:

Positive thoughts

Leafers
24-08-16, 15:30
Yep, they are the ones that convinced me not to smoke with some serious grounding and talking once I was finally caught. And they don't really mind how long I stay up since I'm home schooled and don't have to worry about hours, I only binged the game because I was playing online with friends. It's hard to understand I guess, it's a hobby and I consider it nothing more. Most times I smoked were with friends, trust me I'm not proud of it at all. It sickens me to call those people friends with how honestly shitty they treated me. I was trying to fit in with the wrong crowd.