PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Lymph Node Neck. Going on an Exchange Program for 1 year in 5 days

girl20
24-08-16, 15:13
Hello everyone,
I'm writing because I need reassurance. This Monday I'm leaving my country for a year to go on an exchange program to the US. I've been stressing out about this for the past year ever since I got the news that I was going to leave. However, to make my anxiety even worse, I've had a painful swollen lymph node since last Friday. I went to the doctor on Monday and she told me she thought it could be a normal reaction to one or more of the several shots i was required to get by the university so that I could be allowed to travel. I had a meningitis and TDAP shot 1 month ago, and hepatitis and MMR vaccine 2 weeks ago.
I've been on Ketorolac for 3 days now and even though the pain has subsided a lot, the swelling remains the same. I'm just really worried that there might be an underlying condition going on and the anxiety is killing me. The doctor also told me that if the swelling doesnt go down by today I should get an ultrasound of my neck. I've been contacting different hospitals and they don't have any available appointments until September and I'm leaving on August 29, this Monday.
As I said, I'm just really scared that this is something more serious and I'm gonna be in a foreign country, away from my family, going through all of this. This is making me so depressed, to the point that I'm even questioning going on the exchange program at all. However, my departure is so close that I can't just say no.
Please I need your opinions and advice, especially if you've been through something similar.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this

Fishmanpa
24-08-16, 15:49
My opinion is just go. Sometimes it takes a while for a node to resolve and the explanation concerning the shots is valid and let's be honest here, you've been poking and prodding the heck out of it and that just keeps it aggravated ;)

Good luck with everything!

Positive thoughts