PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking In

Victory2016
24-08-16, 18:35
Hi All,

Just checking in as I have not been on here in a while. Here is an update on me.

I have been on Celexa now for 5 months @ 20mg. I also started Zyprexa 5mg five weeks ago and I was feeling great. However the Zyprexa was only for fast short term relief as it is not good for long term use. I also started getting side effects from the zyprexa.

I saw my pshyciatrist on Monday. He thinks its possible that the Celexa is causing activation therefore causing my anxiety. So he may have me reduce or wean the Celexa at some point. He is trying to get me stablized first before we make any changes with the Celexa. So I have stopped taking the Zyprexa as of Monday. I have started a new medication called Tegretol I am to work my way up to 600mg in the next three weeks.

How is everyone doing???????????

Andy1718
24-08-16, 20:01
Hi there
I am doing ok and much better. On 20mg of cit for 10 weeks now and anxiety has leveled. Returning to work in 10 days after 12 weeks off. Going to be a big test for me.

Debs21uk
24-08-16, 20:04
Hey,

The seroquel didn't work for me at all and I felt like a zombie. I'm down to 30mg of celexa so waiting to see how I stabilise but if it doesn't work out I'm maybe going to try escitalopram.

Hope this new med works for you x

pollynewsome
24-08-16, 21:35
Dreadful! 30mg citolapram. 3 bad days in a row. Worst symptom today is grinding my teeth and clenching jaw. When I realise I stop myself but the pain in face and head and neck Grrrrrr. Hope you improve. X

Debs21uk
24-08-16, 23:24
Have you just went up to 30mg polly?

Victory2016
24-08-16, 23:40
Hi there
I am doing ok and much better. On 20mg of cit for 10 weeks now and anxiety has leveled. Returning to work in 10 days after 12 weeks off. Going to be a big test for me.

Andy glad to hear you are doing much better. Good luck with returning to work. You will be just fine :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Hey,

The seroquel didn't work for me at all and I felt like a zombie. I'm down to 30mg of celexa so waiting to see how I stabilise but if it doesn't work out I'm maybe going to try escitalopram.

Hope this new med works for you x

Sorry to hear the seroquel did not work out. I was also starting to feel like a zombie on the zyprexa, but it worked so well that it took away all my anxiety, but doc wanted me off it. You may do well on Lexapro. I was on it for a few months in 2014 and I did pretty well on it. Crossing my fingers that you will just stabilize on the 30mg of Celexa.

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

Dreadful! 30mg citolapram. 3 bad days in a row. Worst symptom today is grinding my teeth and clenching jaw. When I realise I stop myself but the pain in face and head and neck Grrrrrr. Hope you improve. X

Awww Polly you are really going through it. I hope things level out for you soon. When do you see your doctor next? Hopefully they can get you sorted. How long have you been on 30mg now?

Debs21uk
24-08-16, 23:51
Thanks Shannon I'll see how things pan out after I adjust, the insomnia I've had coming off the serq is horrible!

pollynewsome
25-08-16, 07:06
30mg now for almost 4 week. Xx

Mojo61
25-08-16, 17:35
Polly, have you had any improvement at all?

pollynewsome
25-08-16, 18:52
yes some! im not as up tight as i was. Im not freaking out over simple things.. its just the physical stuff that breaks me!

Victory2016
26-08-16, 10:23
Well the new med is not working. Wayyyyyyyy to many side effects. I called the psyc and he told me to go back on the Zyprex for now and we will discuss options at my next appt on 9/19

I think he is in for a big challenge with me lol!!!I am so sensative to meds.

Victory2016
09-09-16, 15:07
Hi All....Been away from the forum for a while. I was feeling pretty good with the Zyprexa added along with the Celexa. However the Zyprexa is now causing rapid weight gain, I cant stop eating (binge eating) and I am craving sweets. Mind you I eat very healthy, so this is destroying my healthy eating habits. I called my psycatrist this morning and he told me to stop the zyprexa. So now he is going to have me try Lamictal, so we will see what happens. I am feeling kinda of down cause I was feeling good and now I have to try something else in hopes that it will work as well as the Zyprexa.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been reading up on some of the post I have missed.