PDA

View Full Version : So Upset

cattttt
24-03-07, 05:18
Hi guys, I'm so upset, I was doing OK with my anxiety, feeling better, able to do a few more things, THEN, one of my heavy painful periods struck when I was at work, and I had to go and sit down. The others couldn't understand why I didn't go home ("either you're sick or you're not"), but I couldn't have got home without a big mess and it would have meant being on my own...........so I went to the doc who sent me for U/S and it turns out I have an enlarged uterus, thickened endometrium, 2 fibroids and a polyp.........cause of the problem. Haven't seen the gynae yet but it's likely it will have to come out.
BUT.........my manager is not happy, she says people have commented on my "odd" behaviour, (one of these was because I sat on the floor at a union meeting, I think the person who mentioned it was odd) and she says she will be "watching me" .
I could do without this, I was feeling better, the possible hysterectomy is a blow, but I'm not feeling too freaked about it (yet), now I'm going to be worried about everything I do at work in case someone thinks it's "odd".
I just feel like crying now, how can I be normal at work if the manager is watching me? I think she needs a lesson about anxiety.

mandie
24-03-07, 11:28
Aww Catt im sorry to hear that.

My manager is not very sympathetic with my anxiety and basically has the attitide dont think about it and it will go away

I cant think of anything to say that will help but didnt want to ignore your post

love mandie x

Sueblue
24-03-07, 16:03
Sorry to hear your story Catt - there are some really awful people in this world. Maybe one day your manager will have anxiety and panic and need some sympathy and help one day.
Chin up.
Sue

samc100
24-03-07, 16:29
How horrible - Catt your manager is very thick and obviously a crap manager cos' a good one wouldn't deal with it like that. Just try to ignore and put yourself first. You matter - not silly manager. Let them watch you if it makes them happy.

Hope you are doing ok.

kazzie
24-03-07, 19:59
Hi Cat

I have exactly the same problem it does not need to involve surgery!!!!

If you want to pm me we can swap notes:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs: