PDA

View Full Version : Have i got nervous stomach anxiety

andiaston
24-08-16, 19:31
good evening All,

im sorry if the post is abit wishy washy, this is my first post so would like to apologise if it doesnt make sense

my wife told me to post on here because she feels it might help me cope.

im a 33 year old male with 3 beautiful children 5,6 and 4 months old and a lovely wife so im lucky in that sense.

well it all started 3 months ago when i was at work and they told me that i had a presentation to perform to 60 people in 6 days with no warning. im not one to stand up in front of a crowd (shy person) so it freaked me out straight away.

within days i started to to have pains in the top left of chest and this kept going on for a day or two. so i visited my GP and they said that i may have a chest infection so put me on antibiotics.

i took these for a day and still had chest pains and thought it was something to do with my heart and the doctor got it wrong. later that day i ended up in A&E and they did the normal ECG which was normal and also did blood tests which again was fine. i got sent home but just said it was probally stress etc.

then the presentation came and i stood in front of all them people and did it without any issue (other than feeling extremmely anxious throughout). the chest pain continued afterwards so i really started to worry because in the past these feeling would subside once the event is over.

i went home and just got in bath when i just kept burping to relieve my chest pain which wasnt working lol
i then experienced a pulsing pain coming from sterum up centre of chest which happened every 2-3 minutes, it took my breath and i rushed downstairs

my wife call a ambulance as i thought it was the end of my life, ambulance came out and put me on ECG again which was completly fine again, they took me to A&E which then did all tests and also did a chest xray which all turned out good.

they said it might of been acid reflux which can be caused by anxiety and sent me home on 20mg of omeprezole every day.

since then i have had a nightmare, feeling i cant cope, different pains in my stomach
feeling i have something in sterum stuck.

i went to see GP and he put me on 50mg sertaline per day, which from day one started burning but im not sure if its just my anxiety making all these feelings up

since then i have been to the GP a few times and now i take

20mg omeprezole, 50mg sertaline, 3 x colpemin IBS tablets per day

ive been suffering burning in stomach, sharp pain every now and again, my stomach makes so many noises and just feels so nervous etc all the time.

its the first thing i think about when i get up and cant stop thinking about my symptoms all day. google is my worst enemy but cant help looking all the time

i also have little bit of mucus in poop and just a feeling of nervousous

am i going mad or can anxiety cause all of this for soooo long (3 months)

i would like any help with this as i feel im going mad or something seriously wrong with me
help help:weep:

Thoughts
24-08-16, 19:45
Male here same age. Careful with the omeprazole it can deplete stomach acid concentrations to unhealthy levels and cause improper microbiota growth in lower gi. I was put on it for irritated throat. Never had stomach burn until I started. Then had constant stomach burn after especially if I missed or delayed a dose. After quitting omeprazole this went away but only after 6 weeks of horrible rebound. Had to drink baking Sosa solution every 4 hrs which helped tremendously.

At your age the risk of serous stomach problems is very minor, stomach cancer is nearly unheard of at that age largely because it takes 4 to 6 decades to develop and does so almost exclusively in individuals positive for h pylori. At your age, even with h pylori you're only looking at maybe an ulcer or gastritis, but those too are pretty rare and almost unheard of without h pylori. On the other hand, anxiety sensitized your brain to pain and the brain hit connection brings this to a head. For me, even a little idiopathic heartburn can be quite unpleasant.

Think carefully about omep at your young age...

icingsugar
28-08-16, 03:58
This sounds like me during the worst of my panic disorder, in the first 3 months after having my first attack. Especially the part which happened in the bath with the palpitations and finding it hard to breathe. I think you probably felt stressed about the presentation and let the symptoms take over. It is a hard habit to break out of...almost 2 years later and I'm still trying...but if you try to distract yourself and stay busy it will get better.

andiaston
28-08-16, 09:06
Thank you for replying

I feel alitttle better the last couple of days but i know its a
Long road

Thank you again