PDA

View Full Version : Setback

Primula
25-08-16, 08:28
Well for the first time in two years, I've succumbed to HA. I've made an appointment with the doc for 11.30. I had tonsils out 20 years ago, and ever since then I've felt like I could feel something stuck at left side of throat.I've always thought it might be scar tissue from op. It comes and goes and I forget about it. The past two months I've not been able to ignore it and it's driving me crazy along with the globus sensation. I just can't tell what's real or in my mind, so I've decided to let the doc take a look. Fingers crossed it's just my anxiety making me home in on it .

pulisa
25-08-16, 08:39
I've had episodes of this, Primula and the sensation can drive you mad. There was never anything there. Getting it checked out is the best thing though. My endoscopy was totally clear of course.

Primula
25-08-16, 08:44
Thanks for reply Pulisa, I'll update later after appointment.

Elen
25-08-16, 08:55
Sorry to hear this hun.

Not sure I would call this succumbing to HA, more a case of checking something out.

Let us know how you get on.

Primula
25-08-16, 12:54
You are right I'm just checking which is sensible. It's just all the anxiety and whatiffing that's upsetting me . I have a week off with husband and I hate that this is encroaching on what should be a carefree week. Anyway not long til appointment. I'll just cracking on and do some mindful tasks until then.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

Back from doc's. Her opinion is that there's nothing sinister going on given the amount of time I've had this symptom. She says that as I've had a virus which has left me with dizziness the most likely explanation is that gland is still a bit swollen and is pressing against scar tissue I'm throat. I'm happy with the explanation and will try to remember it when panic rises.

Now I'm going to try to enjoy the rest of my day with a long walk and meal with lovely long suffering husband.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

swgrl09
25-08-16, 12:57
Glad it sounds like you had a good doctor's visit. I have had some odd throat feelings on and off for the past few years as well. It used to trigger my HA a lot, but now I figure it's been there so long it can't be anything deadly.