PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats + withdrawal from meds?

yodascat
25-08-16, 08:37
I recently had surgery to get my tonsils taken out a few days ago. I also stopped taking my sertraline (Zooloft - 50mg) for a few days as well. I've also been sweating like crazy whenever I fall asleep and I'm wondering whether I should be concerned or not. I'm not currently taking any opiates for the pain (just paracetamol and gargling aspirin).

When I was taking sertraline (for around 2-3 months), I would sweat like crazy whenever I slept but is it even possible to sweat even when I stop taking the drug?

Shazamataz
25-08-16, 08:39
Is there are reason you stopped the sertraline? It's not a great idea to just stop cold turkey. Maybe your body is just recovering from the op and making the sweats worse?

yodascat
25-08-16, 08:50
As bad as this sounds, I ran out of my supply and after surgery, have been feeling pretty bad so I haven't re-stocked. I thought since 50mg was the starting dose that going coldturkey wouldn't be so bad :(

Shazamataz
25-08-16, 08:53
It certainly isn't as bad as if you were on a high dose. How many days have you missed? It may be best to restock as you don't want to have any issues while recovering from surgery. That said it may be difficult for you to arrange it.

yodascat
25-08-16, 08:55
Missed around 4 days now. Not sure if I should book with my doctor and see his advice or just leave it