PDA

View Full Version : Can Burning stomach be anxiety

andiaston
25-08-16, 09:33
Hello
Can anxiety cause burning stomach even tho im on 20mg of omeprezole each day for the last 4 weeks????

Im also on 50mg sertaline and 3 x peppermint tablets for ibs

Ive had the tests for ulcers etc 3 months ago which were negative

Im desperate for advice as i feel its taking over my life

Thank you for looking

andiaston
25-08-16, 13:55
Please any help would be helpful im such a worrier

Fishmanpa
25-08-16, 14:26
Absolutely! Stress and anxiety can exasperate acid stomach/GERD and that, even with the PPI is the most likely cause. Keep a food diary to determine which foods may be making things worse and make diet modifications accordingly.

My wife has acid issues as do I and we've gone to the FODMAP diet and it's been good for us. Worth a peek.

Positive thoughts

bartin
25-08-16, 17:23
Anxiety can contribute to burning stomach and so can peppermint. Have you been tested for H. pylori infection?

To help with IBS, try to learn which foods to avoid. I also suggest you try a low-FODMAP diet.

andiaston
25-08-16, 20:12
Yeah i got blood test 3 months ago and it came out negative

Its feels like burning/itching inside stomach/belly

Sometimes burns throat but im just fed up of it

Many thanks

bartin
26-08-16, 08:32
If it burns in the throat it's probably heartburn due to acid reflux from the stomach. There are lists of foods that aggravate reflux available online.

Sparkling_Fairy
26-08-16, 19:48
Absolutely!
For 6 months, I had non stop burping. Like all day long! It felt like there was a bundle of gas at the top of my stomach that just couldn't come out.
And that would often go paired with acid reflux.

Even now, the moment I feel anxious I start burping. Our digestive system is one of the worst affected by anxiety. And that comes in all forms

andiaston
28-08-16, 09:07
Thank you for the information

I felt i was going mad.

For some reason i have its a hiatus hernia in my head which i cant shift