PDA

View Full Version : Zopiclone withdrawal and issues

Gazza0101
25-08-16, 09:33
Hi all. I only joined this forum today so this is my first post. Due to the fact I wasn't sleeping at all well I got put on zopiclone. This was around 12 years ago so I don't think there was such a restriction on how long long someone was able go take them and I was on them full time.

I was suffering from pretty bad social anxiety at the time and oneffort night I went into a situation where I would normally be highly anxious, but noticed I didn't get any anxiety at all. After a little while I realised the zopiclone had remedied my anxiety completely. This then caused me to start taking them earlier and earlier in the day and my life was totally turned upside down and transformed to the way I was when I was younger and didn't suffer from this crippling illness. I have been on zopiclone the whole time up to this very day

I found myself homeless a few years ago and was taking pretty hard illicit drugs and was living in a hostel. Due to this I had to register with a specific doctor as I was effectively homeless. I now get 3 x 7.5mg tablets per day as the doctor would rather prescribe me them to help my anxiety rather than me self medicating with hard drugs. He also has a small number of patients who he prescribes zopiclone to treat social anxiety.

Although my Dr has said he will never take me off them, I can't help but think that eventually when it comes to me registering with a new doctor he will. I would like people's opinions on the chances whether another Dr would do the same and prescribe me zopiclone? It has also remedied my premature ejaculation.

Along with that worry I also feel I think a lot differently now and am more confident in my thoughts myself. For that very reason I am trying to detox off them just so I can see if maybe with age my anxiety has decreased at all. I'm down to 1 Tablet a day which I take half in the morning and half at night. Has anyone got any information of any medication etc that could help me get through this extremely tough time?

Thanks very much for reading this post. Any answers on my questions would be very much appreciated :)

dlou84
20-10-16, 14:40
Hey mate, your story is exactly the same as mine!

Identical, been on them for 9 years ish now

I take 2 x 7.5mg or 2.5 x 7.5mg

So half a tablet less than you

I constantly worry about my zopiclone use

I have general anxiety and social anxiety and the zopiclone worrying has worsened these symptoms

My doctor says I'm more "stable" on the drugs, when I'm off zopiclone I don't wash or get out of bed and I also run around the house like a mad man and talk to myself!