PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

LouMo86
25-08-16, 16:31
Hi Guys,

I've just recently joined this forum, mainly for some support and to be among people who may suffer with similar difficulties to myself.

I am 30 and was diagnosed with anxiety around 4 years ago, I was on Sertraline for this, eventually being upped to the 100mg which in itself caused some difficulties. I was also prescribed medication to manage my depression, however, I have since stopped both medications, in what was probably a foolish episode. (My doctor, on a review, had advised me that everyone suffers with worries and upset feelings, I had decided she was talking down to me and stopped them soon after to show that I could) I cant explain my reasons for it properly and feel stupid just admitting it but needless to say it led to the next few months being very difficult for me. I feel I am getting to the other side of it now but still suffer with anxiety and depression, I'm just hoping to control these myself.

I do apologize about ranting on in my first introduction, I never really know what to say. I guess that's part of my problem that I'm looking for support on. Does anyone else go through the process fo whenever someone asks a question or speaks to you a thousand thoughts and scenarios play out in my head in about a second flat before I'm frozen by inaction of worrying how my answer or response will be viewed by the other person that I tend to just answer "I don't know" or short bursts of conversation? It's very frustrating.

I laugh to my wife that I can write my feelings and thoughts (although in a bit of a brain vomit on a page kind of way) better than I could ever speak them.

Anyway I'm waffling now, sorry, just really wanted to touch base and say Hi to everyone.

Thanks for accepting me to the board,

Lou

venusbluejeans
25-08-16, 16:38
Hiya LouMo86 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

LouMo86
25-08-16, 16:50
Thanks VenusBlueJeans.

I'll have a read through and go from there :)

Thank you

HalfJack
26-08-16, 00:49
Hello, welcome to the forum!

Not got any advice for you sorry I guess I'd say it depends why you're struggling to talk.
Maybe the social anxiety board would be a good place to discuss it? Not saying you posted this in the wrong place, you just might get better advice there if you post something there as well.

Welcome again! I hope you find everything you need.

Shazamataz
26-08-16, 02:12
Hi and welcome LouMo,

Hopefully you will find the forum helpful. There's a nice bunch of people here.

I think many people manage their depression/anxiety without meds but there's also no shame in needing meds to feel better. Mental illness is a disease just like any other.

I wonder if part of your talking issue is that you feel you have to apologise for saying anything like you did here? All you have said here is interesting and useful for seeking advice.

:)

Mark13
26-08-16, 20:53
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Bigboyuk
26-08-16, 22:09
Hi and :welcome: aboard to NMP :) it could be because some people dont understand but here we do it doesnt matter how long your posts are, you are accepted on here thats for sure hope you get some understanding and advice to your problems Enjoy the forums :)

Nispire.com
27-08-16, 15:07
Welcome at nomorepanic forum , Hope you'll like it here.