PDA

View Full Version : What makes you Happy?

rickbutler2009
25-08-16, 17:22
Hi All
just a quick post that we might all share those happy moments when the Anxious/panicky stomach recedes.
Long term sufferer (2002/2003 is when i can first remember those weird feelings that wouldnt go away) been on a low dose of citalopram for a few years now with good results, there have been blips along the way but over time i have got back on an even keel.
since the brexit vote i seem to have succumbed again but i doesnt seem to be shifting this time, i am booked in to start a course of cbt to try and nail the cause (i guess) prevention better than cure etc.
what i have noticed is the pattern of calming down in the evening to a point where i think to myself 'whats the big deal' to being back at square one as the morning starts (bloody adrenaline and cortisol, i think).
And so to the happy bits, there are times when i read something/speak to someone/ gain a little understanding that i can feel this adrenaline switch off like a tap.
i downloaded an app on Sunday that dealt with anxiety and a lot of reviews were positive and in an instant it was gone (once the adrenaline has gone mind doesn't wonder, appetite returns & i have a spring in my step again) such a wonderful feeling.
i guess the things that give me that break are positive thoughts about this not being forever and that i WILL be free from this.

so my friends do you get episodes of normality? what helps you?

skymaid
25-08-16, 17:34
I have times in the evenings sometimes when I feel completely myself. like almost 100% fine calm etc. not everyday.

then crushing anxiety the following morning. grr. im not in any meds.

I cant do much I enjoy (yet). i try and watch a new movie most evenings. maybe do the odd sports bet (not that healthy but its my one remaining vice)