PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Dr. "Bad At Making Thread Titles" Fluff

dr_fluff
26-08-16, 01:57
Of course, I'm not actually a doctor; I'm just a girl who recently started college. Now that I think about it, my username is pretty mismatched because I seem to suffer from health anxiety! Though I don't have a formal diagnosis, it's something that haunts me quite a bit. Recently, I haven't been able to get any relief mentally. I'm always worried about something or another that's life-threatening and right now it's concern a cerebral aneurysm, even though I don't really have any risk factors--all I have is a headache.

Anyways, I frequently get health concerns and other than that I break down about every single day. If someone asks me how I feel then I can't help but cry. I've just been so sensitive and in so much emotional pain that it really just feels like I'm cracking, and it's hard to figure out what to do. I scheduled some appointments with those that may be able to help with this, but in the meantime, I just can't sleep because I feel as if I'll pass away while I'm vulnerable.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you have a good day.

venusbluejeans
26-08-16, 02:02
Hiya dr_fluff and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

hanshan
26-08-16, 02:55
Hi Dr Fluff,

Don't worry about the name! The appointments are a good step to take - you are being active in dealing with your anxiety. In the meantime, know that headaches are mostly just that headaches - they may have a physical cause that isn't serious, like a sinus allergy, or no particular cause, but triggered by stress. Keep calm - you won't pass away in the night!

HalfJack
26-08-16, 23:19
Welcome to the forum :)

Nispire.com
27-08-16, 15:06
Welcome at nomorepanic forum , Hope you'll like it here.

dr_fluff
27-08-16, 20:05
Thank you all for the warm welcome! :D I'm very happy that this community exists to help people with anxiety.