PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Lochy
26-08-16, 11:08
Hi, I have never done this before. I have suffered with anxiety attacks in the past and have learned to cope treasonably well. However I have just discovered that and very close family number has got themselves into a lot of serious trouble and I know I need to be there for them but I am struggling to keep myself together, I can't eat or sleep with fear and worry, can any one offer advice on how I calm myself down, I don't want to let them down when they need me most :(

venusbluejeans
26-08-16, 11:17
Hiya Lochy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Lochy
26-08-16, 11:21
Thank you for the welcome, sorry about my spelling !

swgrl09
26-08-16, 11:24
Welcome to NMP, Lochy.

It's so hard when those we care about are struggling. You have to make sure you take care of yourself first though. If you don't put yourself first, you can't be there for anybody else. Take some time to do something relaxing before bed - either reading a book, some yoga, meditation, aromatherapy, tea... anything that helps you calm down. If you can't sleep, just resting there and that's ok too.

It's also important to make sure you get nutrition and water. Stay hydrated and look after yourself.

Lochy
26-08-16, 11:29
Thank you for your kind advise, it makes sense, I'm supposed to be going away for a couple of days but it feels wrong to go now. I guess as much as anything just needed someone to talk to, I don't make friends easily x

swgrl09
26-08-16, 11:33
You know what, you do what you feel you need to in order to keep yourself healthy. If it is better for you to go away for a few days just to decompress, then no need to feel guilty about that. :hugs:

Lochy
26-08-16, 11:41
A couple of people have told me that, I think I need to ground myself a bit, but I feel terrible

HalfJack
26-08-16, 23:23
Being good to yourself helps you be strong for others for sure x welcome to the forum!

Nispire.com
27-08-16, 15:11
Welcome at nomorepanic forum , Hope you'll like it here.