PDA

View Full Version : Genetic Variants, Damaged DNA and Cancer etc

Leah88
26-08-16, 11:29
Does anyone else get scared of genetic variations of diseases which increase cancer risk and shortened lifespan?. I worry about being a genetic variant of a chromosomal defect because my parents had me late ( when they were 38 and 40) I worry that my WRN gene won't repair as well .... I live a super healthy lifestyle but I fear that my destiny is out of my control due to the age my parents were when they had me.
I just can't ignore the science behind the risks of having older parents and its effect on lifespan. A lot of recent research shows a greater genetic mutation load in offspring of older parents. It makes me really depressed to think my future is already written.

lscmichelle
26-08-16, 17:46
if its out of your control and u have nothing to do to change it so why think so much out of it?? U are trying your best to live a healthy life and im sure you have reduced a lot risk for cancer so dont worry xx

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

my mom gave birth to me when she was like 35 so thats kinda old too i guess?? im sure ure not the only one so yeah ure not alone and im not worried bout that