PDA

View Full Version : Sluggishness

heths
24-03-07, 14:29
I've noticed this week that i've had to really push myself, more than normal to do things.

On a morning it's hard to get up, when it's meal times I just don't want to eat I'd rather just go on the comptuer, even things i've been given to do by my therapist, i'm finding hard to get the motivation to do it.

Usually I go out for a walk each day on the street with someone, but even that, sometimes i'm not doing.

I've had bits of this before but it seems worse this week. I know i've had less appointments this week, but i'm not usually this much lacking in motivation. Not since I had depression and I don't feel like I have depression again. Is anyone else ever like this?

Heather

bearcrazy
24-03-07, 20:36
Hi Heths,

I have felt really sluggish for weeks, especially in the afternoon. I find it really hard because I am a teacher and have to be on the ball all the time! Have noticed I felt better when it was sunny the other week, maybe its ben the cold snap that we have had this week. Hopefully you'll feel better when its sunnier and warmer.

TC :hugs:

jodie
25-03-07, 20:55
hi

i feel like this some times to this week i have found it hard to do hose work and the shopping ect i feel tired and realy low .
it is hard just to go get my little girl from school when i have gone to get her i find it hard to do tea ect .
i have had this befor i think it is all part of our anx .
hope you are feeling better now
love jo xx

heths
26-03-07, 11:06
Thank you both for your replies.

It could be the cold weather, I do usually feel better when it's sunny. Or it could be the anxiety, or both maybe.

Hopefully we'll all feel better soon,

Take Care,
Heather :)

sarah1984
26-03-07, 16:07
Hi Heather,

Hope you're feeling better as it's such a beautiful day! Anxiety's a very wearing thing-when I was really ill, I wanted to go to bed by 6 pm. The clock's changing probably don't help-remember, you're getting up an hour earlier! My CBT therapist encouraged me to fill in a daily timetable of what I planned to achieve in a day so I could see if I was doing too much/too little. Also, if you can be determined enough, try going on the computer last of all-save it as a reward for when you've completed all those dull chores....
Sarah x

heths
27-03-07, 16:32
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the advice, that's a good idea. I do sometimes write myself to do lists, but if I did it everyday that might help.

I have noticed i'm feeling better today so far, but it is sunny here today, that could be helping.

Take Care,
Heather:)

looking4answers
28-03-07, 07:31
Heather take it from a class one depression person..I have weeks that i dont want to do anything have no interest in anything nor care about anything.I push myself to do and push myself to do ,and what i do today i may not care about tomorrow..if we continue to push ourselves one day you will start to look forward to doing those things we used to not care about doing ..Believe me i have been there where I cared nothing about doing anything after forcing myself to do them over and over I finally snapped back into doing them again .I am in that transformation again so i understand completely.. just keep doing what you dont want to do over and over again and your mind will catch up and start again where you left off..dont worry ..it will be better