PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling like my GP cares one bit

rankin172
27-08-16, 01:27
Yesterday was the first time I came out and said I had an anxiety problem after 20 years of suffering in silence.
20 years ago my father witnessed me having an anxiety attack and insisted I went to the GP, I did this and was given propranolol. I took the drug for 3 months and during this time my attacks became more frequent with a heightened sense of anxiety. I stopped taking them and have for the past 20 years made excuses for my sudden sweating, blushing and vacant behaviour, such as "It's very hot in here, I'm not feeling well I may have the flu or I need to go to the toilet, absolutely anything to get me out of the situation.
I went to my GP today and told him I had been prescribed Propranolol and it didn't work for me, I told him I didn't know where to turn. He prescribed me propranolol and gave me a leaflet on anxiety.
Is this normal?
I'm feeling lost and worthless at the moment.

venusbluejeans
27-08-16, 01:32
Hiya rankin172 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

rankin172
27-08-16, 01:34
Thank you

I'm working my way around the site, sorry I should have looked further before posting a comment, just needed to get it off of my chest.