PDA

View Full Version : Not entirely ha related, but how can i go about fixing my sleep pattern?

Lockey1995
27-08-16, 17:07
Hey,

As the title suggests I would like to try and get my sleeping pattern back in order. it's all over the place atm. And I'm pretty sure it's triggering my anxiety if i sleep wrong and affecting my stomach and bowel pattern maybe.

Anyway I'm really scared now as I got about 8 hours last night but still feel tired mainly depressed more than anything. But i'm so scared of anemia another bowel cancer symptom :( as I'm still a bit tired.

Anyway how much sleep should I be getting? Normally I get off the pc at 2 am then go to bed this isn't that bed I personally think as I've done this for years but problem is in the morning i aim to get up at about 10 but I just can't i just wake up feeling groggy mainly depressed and can't get out of bed in the morning. :(.

I normally end up sleeping and getting up at 12 then i get really depressed that I've missed the half of the day and my anxiety goes through the roof sometimes and panic.

Can oversleeping cause depression and increase anxiety?

How can i start to change this to feel better in my self?

KeeKee
27-08-16, 17:11
Oversleeping can be a symptom of depression. I'm not sure if it can cause it.

7-9 hours is usually the recommended amount of sleep needed.

My GP told me it's not just the amount of sleep you get, but the quality. Also going to bed late can wreak havoc on your body even if you get enough hours.

mlc2010
27-08-16, 17:13
check cortisol levels, if high at night, try supplements to lower them

try some mild sleeping pills, melatonin, nytol etc

get better sleep hygeine, go to bed in a totally dark room, stay in bed until you sleep

stop being on the PC at 2am

Carrie8484
27-08-16, 18:12
Turn the computer off at 11. Lights out at 11.45pm. The computer screen will be affecting your fatigue.
Set alarm for 9.30am , Out of bed by 10am. Eat a light breakfast
Exercise lightly until you get a little fitter to encourage natural tiredness.
Drink lots of water or non sugary /caffeinated drinks.

A good routine with eating really helped with my ibs. I also noticed greasy foods and gravy meals play havoc with my belly.

Discipline yourself. Water is a huge help for bowel issues and fatigue..