PDA

View Full Version : Please help - lymph node behind ear

saf138
27-08-16, 17:46
Hello beautiful people

So again I'm having a few stressful days since I discovered a swollen nymph node behind my left ear could anyone please shed some light on the situation to ease my anxiety.
3 days ago I banged the left hand side of my head that produced a lump which I only discovered in the evening while showering i put it down to the knock but than I also discovered a raised lump behind my left ear that definitely was not there for the morning shower I'm assuming its a nymph node.
So my question is is it possible to have a reactive node to a knock on the head?
I'm also concerned that the area of the nymph node is very painful with a burning sensation and red its affecting most of that side of the neck is this common with a reactive node?
I'm doing my best not to prod away but I will admit I do lightly run my fingers across it to check if its reduced in size which it hasn't but the lump on my head is almost gone.

Any insight to this would mean the world to me for easing my anxiety many thanks.

Captain irrational
27-08-16, 23:32
The pain, redness and the speed it popped up would suggest perhaps something like a cyst or large pimple, rather than a lymph node. I get them sometimes in that area of my neck, behind the ears. They hurt like hell, but they usually calm down and disappear within a few days.

saf138
27-08-16, 23:45
Thank you for replying and you are right the pain is pretty chronic right now if you don't mind I have a couple of questions first one is do you think it is related to the knock I suffered on my head? and secondly is it meant to feel pretty firm?

Captain irrational
28-08-16, 00:38
Thank you for replying and you are right the pain is pretty chronic right now if you don't mind I have a couple of questions first one is do you think it is related to the knock I suffered on my head? and secondly is it meant to feel pretty firm?

I couldn't possibly say if was related or not. It may be a complete coincidence, but I really don't know.

I have had some big, nasty pimples and spots before that were pretty hard, and very tight and uncomfortable on the surrounding skin. Painful to the touch, too. Very similar to what you seem to be describing.

saf138
28-08-16, 01:18
I couldn't possibly say if was related or not. It may be a complete coincidence, but I really don't know.

I have had some big, nasty pimples and spots before that were pretty hard, and very tight and uncomfortable on the surrounding skin. Painful to the touch, too. Very similar to what you seem to be describing.

Thank you for your insight I really do appreciate it all I can do at this point is ride it out and hope it goes away pretty soon I guess with the speed it came on its probably nothing sinister.

Many thanks.