PDA

View Full Version : Young and with a killer imagination.

UnhappyWorrier
27-08-16, 22:50
Hello! I'm 22 and I'm certain I'm suffering from anxiety, though I haven't been diagnosed or anything. I tend to overthink and worry about the smallest things, but my main concern is health anxiety - stress has given me actual symptoms, that have always gone away, but when my anxiety is at peak level it makes me feel physically terrible and can ruin entire holidays.

My mind convinces me of the most horrible result imaginable and despite rational thinking I can't let it go. So I'm glad there's a place where we can share our experiences and assure each other.

venusbluejeans
27-08-16, 23:00
Hiya Infamy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

kingofnowhere
29-08-16, 19:36
Hello! I'm 22 and I'm certain I'm suffering from anxiety, though I haven't been diagnosed or anything. I tend to overthink and worry about the smallest things, but my main concern is health anxiety - stress has given me actual symptoms, that have always gone away, but when my anxiety is at peak level it makes me feel physically terrible and can ruin entire holidays.

My mind convinces me of the most horrible result imaginable and despite rational thinking I can't let it go. So I'm glad there's a place where we can share our experiences and assure each other.

We are EXACTLY the same on this. I am 29 and only this year has my anxiety actually manifested physical symptoms –*digestion issues that mirrored IBS, that were a direct result of being overworked / stressed / a continued worrier. The more I focused on the issues that were being cause by my mind, the worse they got.

One thing that really helped me was meditation. I downloaded the Headspace app –*I don't do it every day, but just when I can. I've also ramped up my exercise routine and the more I have not focused on it, it has disappeared. I even went through ALL diagnostic testing at the doctors as I had stressed myself out that it was likely something worse –*catastrophizing as I always seem to do!

The mind is such a powerful tool. It can 100% manifest really severe physical symptoms through anxiety / stress that mirror all sorts of illnesses.

One word of advice: DO NOT GOOGLE ANYTHING.

Stay strong. You got this!