PDA

View Full Version : Question about loose/irregular stools.. please help :(

Anxietynez
28-08-16, 19:50
Hi everyone, I've just recently been getting over some nasty health anxiety that's been bothering me on and off since pretty much the start of the year, but there's a question i have to ask that the internet in general has proven pretty useless in answering when posed as a google search. since around February-March, i began to pass loose stool.. i didn't think much of it as i thought it was all just due to my anxiety, but after a while it began to concern me for obvious reasons. it's not constant, some days it's definitely loose, others it's a standard of "normal", and even sometimes constipated.. (sorry for the extreme detail here, guys.) i have noticed what seems to be a correlation between my anxiety and bowel movements, as when my HA goes down, it's more consistently "normal". but there have been two occasions now where i had not been that bad into my anxiety yet i had a loose, sort of even explosive (sorry!.) bowel movement, but it's never been fully "diarrhea", more just not fully formed or together in one mass. so the major question i have, is if this was anything sinister, would the stools ALWAYS be loose? or could they vary between formed/not formed/ constipated? other than the formation it all seems normal. I've had blood tests done, full bloods and to check for inflammation which came back normal, and also an xray for back pain which the doctor never got back to me about, but i called and the reception said the doctor had seen it but not made any notes about it, (which i am going to call and ask about..) any thoughts or answers on the matter are much appreciated. thanks in advance!

Mojo61
28-08-16, 22:19
If it has been going on since Feb/March then you can rest assured that it's highly unlikely to be anything sinister as it would be MUCH worse by now.

helenhoo
28-08-16, 23:43
I've started paying more attention to my poops since my HA started and mine too is either loose, normal, little nuggets :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

But as I've read on other threads anxiety does play a big part and so does our diet. If ive eaten pizza at 2am chances are at 8am I'm pooping my kidney out, and coffee messes with my poop too.

I digress, there's nothing to worry about. Not a big fan of googling but NHS website is good when it comes to BC worries. Helped me through mine.

Anxietynez
29-08-16, 01:12
If it has been going on since Feb/March then you can rest assured that it's highly unlikely to be anything sinister as it would be MUCH worse by now.

Thanks for this, yeah sometimes it's just good to hear the voice of reason from others instead of the voices in my head.

---------- Post added at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

I've started paying more attention to my poops since my HA started and mine too is either loose, normal, little nuggets :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

But as I've read on other threads anxiety does play a big part and so does our diet. If ive eaten pizza at 2am chances are at 8am I'm pooping my kidney out, and coffee messes with my poop too.

I digress, there's nothing to worry about. Not a big fan of googling but NHS website is good when it comes to BC worries. Helped me through mine.

Hey, thanks for the reply :). yeah i guess it's true that we start noticing things alot more when health anxiety plays up, it's good to know that others are in the same boat and i'm not just crazy for being more aware of stuff like this!