PDA

View Full Version : Back to work 4-wks,need help social skills!!

Melina
24-03-07, 17:36
Hi there,
I'm due to go back to work in 4-weeks time and I'm trying so so so hard, not to start building up my anxiety and terror again (I left a few months ago because of anxiety). I think I can try and help myself if I go to some kind of group gathering, to pratice my social skills, where perhaps other people who also suffer with social anxiety are there - does anyone know of this type of thing, and if there may be this type of support group around London? i really need to start it quickly as even writing this I can feel the anxiety building again. Could anyone help with advice about this please???

RachelC
27-03-07, 06:31
Oh hun lots of luck to you, your so brave!
Im sure there is a group in london, try googling. Wish I knew of one specific for you but Im in Ireland, just wanted to reply to wish you luck and tell you i know what youre going through. Starting/ returning to a job makes me want to hide under the covers and never come out, but its a necessary evil for me because working keeps me sane. It also gives you a chance to be around other people in a safe environment- the more time you spend alone, the harder it gets to interact.
:hugs: Good luck!! xxx

jo61
27-03-07, 08:52
If you contact Mind and/or Depression Alliance you should get details of some support groups.

Melina
06-04-07, 15:26
thank you very much to you both, I shall look into it!