PDA

View Full Version : Silly question..

helenhoo
28-08-16, 23:31
Yet here I am asking if.

Feeling down at work and having a friend notice it IS NOT classic personality change right? I have reason (or believe i do) to feel crappy. Without sounding like a high school drama I thought one person was off with me so I felt shunned away, and on top of that one girl and I don't get on despite me trying.

(I am a nice person! Despite seeming like a raving loon on here at times, nothing gets in way of work)

I have felt sad at work because it's making me miserable, my one friend said I'd been acting sad. This is a normal reaction to how I'd been feeling, whether or not I was over reacting. This is hard to put into words haha.

My boyfriend has said I haven't seemed down or depressed to him just that work had been bothering me lately

ServerError
28-08-16, 23:45
Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Given the impact that your psychological condition (anxiety and OCD, before you misinterpret me) is having on your life, it's understandable that you'd feel down at times. Your friend noticing just means you have a nice friend who cares about you.

I'll say the same thing I said in your previous thread. Maybe reconsider Korea. You could still go next year. Might you not be better off staying here for the time being to work on your illness.

helenhoo
28-08-16, 23:49
Thanks for your concern server but I have been feeling better lately. Still have impulses to Check and sometimes I wonder what *to* check. I even started worrying about schiz again but then remembered I'd cleared that up. I know I can beat this.

I've not been feeling sad in normal life tbh just at work because it's making me feel crap. I'd leave but I'm only there for another few months.

Oh and I got my therapy letter through :)

ServerError
28-08-16, 23:57
So when does your therapy start?

I too have had jobs that just bring me down. I know we all have to work and we can't all have our dream jobs, but I say life is too short to be in a job that makes you miserable.

Only you can decide if you're ready to move to such a different culture. It would be an amazing experience, that's for sure. I only mention it because I think it's important you complete a full course of therapy to help with your condition.

dale12345
29-08-16, 00:00
I hope it works out

helenhoo
29-08-16, 00:11
Thank you.

I have already started to feel better myself just by reading recovery stories and learning some CBT. It's not easy and like a member recently likened it, I will have relapses. Even now for instance. But I'm in fact using logic for once first hand. Just crept here out of habit I guess.

Anxietynez
29-08-16, 01:17
When my health anxiety first came up, it was immediately apparent to my close friends. they even said i was looking like a ghost due to how panicked and depressed i was looking! thankfully it hasn't gotten that bad since then. i'm sure it's just stress. :)

MyNameIsTerry
29-08-16, 04:50
So when does your therapy start?

I too have had jobs that just bring me down. I know we all have to work and we can't all have our dream jobs, but I say life is too short to be in a job that makes you miserable.

Only you can decide if you're ready to move to such a different culture. It would be an amazing experience, that's for sure. I only mention it because I think it's important you complete a full course of therapy to help with your condition.

On the NHS? No chance. You would be lucky to even start therapy within 2 months, let alone complete any course.

ServerError
29-08-16, 05:06
Yeah, I know. That's why I ask if she's sure about going to Korea. I wondered if she'd be better staying and completing a course of therapy. Of course, only she can decide that.

helenhoo
29-08-16, 17:56
Also, I was recollecting a memory earlier and my boyfriend wasn't too sure what I meant. It wasn't something of significance and left loads of details out as we'd walked past a car park we had inside joke at but I panicked that what if I'd made it up and was in fact going mad. I'm pretty sure it happened just can't remember where.

nomorepanic
29-08-16, 18:15
What did the letter say then?

helenhoo
29-08-16, 18:19
I've got to make my initial call tomorrow and discuss an appointment.

This questionable memory thing most likely happened but because it's so vague my boyfriend doesn't know what I'm chatting aBOUT. It was a passing comment I made months ago (I believe)

nomorepanic
29-08-16, 18:43
Yeah and then wait months to actually be seen by which time you won't be in the country.

ServerError
29-08-16, 18:49
I was really quick being seen the first time after the initial phone call.

However, last June I sought another dose of CBT feeling I'd benefit from done further help. I waited three weeks for the call, and am still waiting for an appointment (which I no longer think I need anyway).

In general, it's the waiting times that make me think you should postpone your trip. Sorry to keep repeating myself, but you wouldn't delay treatment for a physical ailment to move overseas. Surely it would be better to leave it, say, a year, get well and then go?

skymaid
29-08-16, 19:03
korea might be better for therapy than the UK although I have no idea

ServerError
29-08-16, 19:07
korea might be better for therapy than the UK although I have no idea

It may be. It wouldn't surprise me if it was.

But how easy would it be for a foreign citizen to access? Especially one who's just arrived.

Given the uncertainty, coupled with potential impact of the culture shock, I wonder if getting treatment at home first might not be wiser.

As I've said before, only Reb can decide.

pulisa
29-08-16, 19:49
Hope you are having a good birthday, Reb

helenhoo
29-08-16, 22:16
Can someone confirm that no disease anywhere would create a false memory? Like its so vague, such a vague memory. It didn't just appear we were talking with friends about one things and I said oh yeah we did that once.

It's almost like saying to someone, remember when we went to Starbucks that once. It's only causing me worry because Dan can't remember do I worry I made it up and in fact losing my mind/brain tumour symptom. The Internet doesn't even agree with me on this one.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

False memory seems to mean those who believe they invented something or that something sexual happened to them. Confabulation occurs after brain injury. Boyfriend says it's more than likely did happen but because I'm being so vague and it isn't an integerwl memory it's hard to decipher.

skymaid
29-08-16, 22:40
our memories are vague and inaccurate at the best of times. thats why witness statements are poor evidence in accidents etc because people think they saw something which didnt happen regularly.

not an illness its just how we are.

MyNameIsTerry
30-08-16, 05:15
Happy birthday, Reb!!! :birthday::birthday1:

Read TomT's threads that I gave you. I explained in there how conscious recall can include bias and misinterpret memories we recall, often the anxious mind tries to attach new meaning based on current negative thinking which then means we misinterpret past events and create new worry.

There are certainly both physical & psychological reasons for false memories to be created but we are getting back into delusion there and remember what we said about how delusions are experienced? OCD is even known for creating false memories, it's a theme and you will find plenty online about that.

But regardless, patchy memory recall is something all people experience. It's completely normal. Notice how your BF shrugged his own possible memory issue off? That's a normal reaction, an anxious one would obsess over it & what it may mean, with no purpose other than to worry.