PDA

View Full Version : Help with my sister please

Mindset
29-08-16, 05:50
Hello There,

I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction please? My sister has been depressed it seem`s for around 5 years now and has been suffering with high anxiety. It has got increasingly worse and has now got to a point where she is unable to look after her children on her own. She is in a marriage she doesn`t want to be in and changes her mind daily now about her husband moving out. It doesn`t matter how much support, encouraging or listening we do, as in my mum, step sister and I it is not getting any better and is getting worse.

She is on anti-depressants and has been on a course for anxiety and had various therapies which seem to help for a few weeks or months and then she goes back into the anxiety. She flit`s from one thing to the next, to the next and get`s really excited when she has a good day and then crashes back down again. It is like she goes back into this mind spiral and sometimes childlike.

I myself suffered with anxiety in my late teens and had a breakdown and so have some experience with this but not to this extent, as i came out of mine pretty swiftly. It has got to a point now where we don`t know what to do. She has become obsessive about not sleeping, not being able to look after her children on her own. She is changing her mind all of the time about her husband leaving because he to is in the loop with this situation. He has taken on everything in getting the children up, fed and all that goes with being a parent but she has fallen out of love with him and one minute want`s him there and then she doesn`t. She has told me around 20 times in the last 2 years that she want`s the marriage to be over.

I don`t know where to go next with this, can anyone help me please? I am concerned that by going back to her doctor with her they will just hand out pill`s again and i feel she need`s proper care, attention and therapy. She said herself that she feel`s like she want`s to be looked after.

This weekend is the worst we`ve experienced with her and she has left her home and gone to my mum`s for the night, she is obsessing about not sleeping and feeling tired. She think`s she has adrenal fatigue and then severe depression and then it changes to something else and it goes in circles and has been getting increasingly worse especially the last month or so. It hasn`t helped that our father suddenly passed away just over 3 month`s ago either.

I would appreciate any direction on this. Thank you so very much for reading and any advice is welcome. Thank you xxx

venusbluejeans
29-08-16, 05:59
Hiya Mindset and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: