PDA

View Full Version : ROCD sufferers please help

worried 101
29-08-16, 07:23
Hi guys.
I have struggled with what I think is ROCD for many years and I had been doing alot better but now in hitting a dip and I'm finding it really hard.

I have overcome quite a few big obstacles to do with ROCD, such as getting married which I think I handled pretty well. I have been enjoying married life but recently I have had some stressful situations come up and it has flared up n again.

It was mainly because of a dream I had where I was married to my husband and I was getting a divorce but I was excited and relieved because I was going to go to university. I woke up and felt really horrible and straight away my brain was like "you don't want to be married". At first after the initial reaction I carried on with things and was OK.

But it was stuck in the back of my mind and suddenly those thoughts got stronger and harder for me to shake off. Now I'm back to obsessing about them, constantly checking how I feel, looking stuff up about it to make myself feel better, I wake up feeling terrified and am constantly questioning everything to do with my relationship. It's so so horrible and even though I know a week or so ago I was happy I can't seem to rationalise that in my head and see it is anxiety that's causing this and not true feelings.

I feel really crap and just need some support and to hear some positive advice as feel I'm sinking. So any advice or support will be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading.

georgewing
29-08-16, 10:52
Anxiety plays with your mind and wants you to feel bad .Try to control as much as you can your thinking and think only pozitive also try to be grateful for all good things from your life this will attract more good things in your life

worried 101
29-08-16, 13:08
Thankyou for your reply.
It makes sense that anxiety is taking away positive things but I'm struggling to make myself see the positives atm.