PDA

View Full Version : Finger tips peeling anyone give me a rational explanation?

KatiePink
29-08-16, 12:59
OK so I don't want to search what it could be or go to a doctor just yet. Im trying to see it out but my health anxiety is really pushing me.
On my left hand I have the skin peeling just on the tip of my thumb, index and middle finger. When I say peeling not like a flaking skin but I mean really peeling I could grab it and pull a whole layer off(not that I would) there's skin hanging off of them and it's making me sick.

I haven't used any new cosmetics or anything that could cause it, there's no pain or rash or redness nothing but the peeling skin. The ONLY THING I can think of which just seems silly is I hold my phone in my left hand and it's these fingers that touch it the most I suppose, I do have my phone in my hand ALOT. But I don't think it could cause this?

My anxiety is telling me some sort of immune disorder :weep:

KeeKee
29-08-16, 13:04
Is it possible you could have a form of contact dermatitis? I have it and now and again my fingers will peel. It can be due to a new soap/hand-wash but can also be completely random.

bartin
29-08-16, 15:06
I also think it's "irritant contact dermatitis" which can be from the phone.

Search for "fingertip eczema" (picture 6) here:
http://www.hxbenefit.com/causes-of-numbness-and-tingling-paresthesia-in-fingertips.html

KatiePink
30-08-16, 19:09
Thanks guys I have no idea but whatever it is seems to be stopping :D I freaked out instead of thinking rationally.. tut not proud of myself for that

Leah88
31-08-16, 08:17
This happens often to my sister...her theory is that its just an excess of a human growth factor. I'm not a scientist so I can't give an opinion but I'm sure there are probably lots of reasons. If I had to guess I would say it would probably just be a harmless genetic skin condition ( after all there are so many to choose from) most of them harmless.

bartin
31-08-16, 08:33
Thanks guys I have no idea but whatever it is seems to be stopping :D I freaked out instead of thinking rationally.. tut not proud of myself for that

It recovers and then begins again - it goes in cycles as long your fingertips are irritated.