PDA

View Full Version : Tolerance maybe/or dose increase ?

kindred1666
29-08-16, 13:05
Hi guys..I have been on pregabalin since march of this year..Started off on 25mg x3 daily and now on 50mg x 3 daily (have been on 150 mg daily for a cpl months now) The past cpl weeks or so i have noticed the effects wearing off close to my next dose. Is this a sign off them beginning to "stop working" or tolerance maybe or could it be i need to up my dose? . I was put on them by my neurologist for seizures nerve pain and anxiety.. Any advice here would be much appreciated..

Kindred x

hanshan
30-08-16, 09:05
Hi Kindred,

No-one seems to be jumping to answer this question. It could be that you have developed a degree of tolerance - but it still seems to be effective for part of the dose, so it hasn't stopped working. 150 mg per day is still in the low range, so you could discuss a dose increase with your doctor. Good luck with it.

kindred1666
30-08-16, 10:28
Thanks hansen...I have been diagnosed with non epileptic attack disorder and functional neurological disease which comes with a whole long list of unpleasant symptoms . Maybe the pregabalin is masking those symptoms but wearing of close to the next dose because i need to take another tablet...I prob need to increase my dose though i would have thought

Kindred xx

hanshan
30-08-16, 11:31
Hi Kindred,

Sorry to hear of your problems - but at least pregabalin seems to be helpful. Tell your doctor how it seems to wear off before the next dose, and discuss a dose change. Good luck.