PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be rational but set back after set back discomfort under rib area

Lockey1995
29-08-16, 14:54
Hey,

I'm trying to deal with this as hard as i can but it's just one thing after another ok so now my day goes like this When i wake up not all morning but it does come on in the day like under my ribs in the middle area it's not like pain but like a discomfort. I also get slight second cramps/ spams that move around aswell like there, lower left, lower right, middle that last a few seconds or sometimes max a minute, they basically feel like on and off spasms like flashes. then under my ribs at times.

I remember reading before ages ago someone had slight discomfort and ended up with colon cancer at 31 with liver mets! so yeah i keep thinking back to what i read previously. I haven't googled since and trying to get my sleeping pattern back on track.

Also back to the bm situation yesterday seemed ok ish went once but at the end it just felt like it broke off or something couldn't get the last bit out this was a bigger urge aswell :(

My day goes like this get up have coffee, go with a decent urge but I can't empty in one lot like i used to be able to also when i did look down there was bits of mucus floating down on it's own with it :( like today i went after with a bit of an urge and it was slightly thinner and separate pieces :( what causes this it's weird how it must just stay up there because it's the same colour as previous so I don't think my system is moving faster or anything and it still worries me :(

Still it's just setback after setback.

Basically now I just feel depressed and anxious all the time lost motivation to do the basic of things :( My cbt isn't untill the 29th of september either because of his big work load which isn't the best.

smiles
30-08-16, 02:46
Lovely, this isn't a set back, you just need to get your head around the idea that the first thing you do when stressed/ frightened is clench your bum together, given how anxious you are at the moment, you are not going to have a 'normal' BM.
mucus is normal. If you are anxious about having a BM, the chances are you you fill not finish and as a result get a tummy ache.
Easy to say but not so easy to do...try to relax, and don't rush nature!! X

NancyW
30-08-16, 03:57
Lockey, I've had years and years of stomach/digestive/colon issues.

My anxiety targets those areas. My dr told me, it's a muscular system, from your mouth yo your butt. If one area is off track, it throws the entire system off. Once you're there, it takes a long time to settle it back down. Dr also told me the colon likes to cramp and spasm in the 4 corners, ie: under the ribs on both sides and near the hip bones on both sides.

I truly believe you've gotten your digestive system in an uproar, the increased anxiety will prolong the irritation... it will take longer to settle down.

Do you have any hobbies? Get out in to nature? Volunteer at a pet rescue? Ever tried yoga or meditation? Just some thoughts for you in hopes you can unwind yourself from the grip of the beast.