View Full Version : Fear of what cardiologist said!

misslove
29-08-16, 16:33
Last week I went to my cardiologist. I asked him about my headaches when I work out and he said to check my heart rate and if it's under 120 don't worry. Well I caught it over 120 a few times. The highest was 156! I will say I drank coffee in the morning a hour or so before my workout. ( wasn't thinking!!)But I can't help but freak! I'm so scared. Even tho my sono was fine and he listened to my heart and said it was good. Idk if I should call him or try again tomorrow without coffee. I'm a mess right now

Carrie8484
29-08-16, 16:57
My heart rate averages 155-160 when I work out.

It sometimes goes up to 170.

I really, really dont think you have nothing tow worry about.

misslove
29-08-16, 17:00
Thanks. I did Google and it says that under 200 is normal when you workout. God I hope it never gets that high! It's not the high heart rate that gets me it's the headache associated with it. I have to stop my workout but apparently it's common and is treatable. I need to learn to drink more water for sure

Carrie8484
29-08-16, 17:04
Yes, it probably a combination of dehydration and over exerting yourself, causing the headache.

But having the higher heart rate is perfectly normal while exercising, it shows that your heart is working and helping you keep fit!

Gary A
29-08-16, 17:44
Thanks. I did Google and it says that under 200 is normal when you workout. God I hope it never gets that high! It's not the high heart rate that gets me it's the headache associated with it. I have to stop my workout but apparently it's common and is treatable. I need to learn to drink more water for sure

You just answered your own question. A headache has nothing to do with your heart rate, it's likely just simple dehydration.

Ensure you drink plenty of water before, during and after you work out. Also be sure you're eating properly before you work out.