PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat worries

ShaunRyder
29-08-16, 17:27
I have had a sore throat since about Wednesday down the left side only and only hurts when I swallow, The first few days a lymph node had slightly raised and was very sore when touched but that has gone but the sore throat is still the same. I am now worried it could be throat cancer(I done the worse thing and googled!), now my HA is sky high. Has anyone else had a sore throat like this?

Gary A
29-08-16, 17:42
I have had a sore throat since about Wednesday down the left side only and only hurts when I swallow, The first few days a lymph node had slightly raised and was very sore when touched but that has gone but the sore throat is still the same. I am now worried it could be throat cancer(I done the worse thing and googled!), now my HA is sky high. Has anyone else had a sore throat like this?

Sounds like tonsillitis. The lymph node is only raised when infection is present. Your immune system may have dealt with the bacterial infection but you could still have some inflammation in your throat.

If it doesn't settle after a couple of days then see your doctor. Certainly doesn't sound like throat cancer to me.

Darwin73
29-08-16, 23:53
This happens to me every single time I get a cold: I have a sore throat down one side when I swallow for 5-7 days before the cold symptoms develop. Sometimes I get the gland too, sometimes not. It's just a sign that your fighting off an infection.