PDA

View Full Version : I'm so tired

aangel
30-08-16, 04:47
Can having intrusive thoughts make you physically exhausted? Lately, I feel so drained. I try to distract myself but I've been ruminating a lot. There are days where I get really bad headaches and sometimes the thoughts make me feel so awful that I end up going to my room to nap. I feel burned out.

georgewing
30-08-16, 06:05
Yes for sure bad things can make you feel tired ,in general negative thoughts are the factor of deasease bad things etc .You must find a way to cchang your thoughts and to ave only positive things thats will bring more good in your life and it will make you to feel better

SLA
30-08-16, 16:30
Are you exhausted because of the thoughts, or are they surfacing because you are exhausted?

Intrusive thoughts are labelled as intrusive, because they are thoughts that manifest themselves sporadically and are not directly "yours".

So don't identify with them. They don't have any meaning.

Your brain gets stuck in a pattern where you think "I don't want to have intrusive thoughts!!" and in order to NOT have an intrusive thought, one pops up.

I used to call them pink elephants. Because if you tell yourself to "not think of a pink elephant" you first have to visualize what one looks like, so you can exclude it. It's the brain not being very smart.

Once you learn to identify them as having no weight, or value, you worry about them less. And when you worry about them less, you don't have them.