PDA

View Full Version : Headache

toria
30-08-16, 11:10
Hi please could anyone offer any advice I have been off work with anxiety for 7 weeks and I am hoping to go back on monday been under lots of stress due to family problems I have had counselling which has helped but I am still getting symptoms of anxiety I have had a headache for 2 days which is making me feel very panicky it's not a really bad headache it's more a pressure feeling it hurts a bit when bending forward and my neck feels very tense with it, I feel so panicky feel a bit sick to I think cause it Hurts when I lean forward and it's like a pressure feeling headache I am thinking it's something serious I am trying to calm down but it's not working.

hanshan
30-08-16, 12:02
Everything points to a headache either caused by anxiety, or, if not, something not serious but made worse by anxiety. So it's not serious, but is feeding into your worry.

First, something like paracetamol may help, but second, and more importantly, you need to relax and accept the emotions of going back to work. Some emotions will be negative, but there must be some positive ones in there - hopes you have, for instance. Focus on those to get you through.

Gary A
30-08-16, 12:26
Hi please could anyone offer any advice I have been off work with anxiety for 7 weeks and I am hoping to go back on monday been under lots of stress due to family problems I have had counselling which has helped but I am still getting symptoms of anxiety I have had a headache for 2 days which is making me feel very panicky it's not a really bad headache it's more a pressure feeling it hurts a bit when bending forward and my neck feels very tense with it, I feel so panicky feel a bit sick to I think cause it Hurts when I lean forward and it's like a pressure feeling headache I am thinking it's something serious I am trying to calm down but it's not working.

Sounds like a tension headache. Ensure you're eating properly and also make sure you're drinking enough water.

Being tense always tightens up the neck and shoulder muscles, these are very intricately connected to the muscles in your scalp.

If you can get a partner or friend to massage the muscles in your neck, particularly right under the base of your skull, you'll probably feel it around your head. This should ease the pain.

toria
30-08-16, 12:39
Thank you so much for your replys, I am trying to relax i do for a little bit then bam panic again I have taken some paracetamol and it has helped a bit I didn't eat to Well yesterday and I do need to drink more water so will try doing that today and will try and realx more.

Mrschurchill
30-08-16, 12:54
I've had this tension headache since Friday and it's driving me bonkers!
I bought Tiger Balm from Boots yesterday and though it doesn't make it fully disappear - it does give some light relief. Rub some on your temples and forehead and on the back of your neck - it feels lovely and does help! xx

Colicab85
30-08-16, 13:04
Since my onset of Anxiety I have unconsciously found myself tensing my shoulders all the time and thus, having a headache.

I bet thats what is causing your headache too.